Grow & Give 2020 was an amazing success. More than 430 participants raised over $180,000 to help fund ZERO’s programs. Teams from all over the country put down their razors and bearded up to help patients get the support they need while facing COVID-19.
We had so many great teams across the country join the cause to spread awareness about prostate cancer this November. And lucky for us, many of you sent us your pics of growth in progress. Here are some of our favorites:
Most creative shave goes to Leonard Zasoski — is the Z for Zasoski, ZERO, or Zoro?
The entire Pfizer team got into the corporate action. They look stache-tastic!
Heading out for a night on the town in NYC?
Well, Athena Bogdanos Casamento and her friends decided to rock some ‘staches to raise awareness.
Grow & Give 2020 wouldn’t have been so successful without the amazing fundraising efforts of our participants and teams. Here’s a shout out to our leader boards.
Fundraising Champs – Individuals
- Warren Macey – $6,767.63 Warren has been a part of the G&G movement since 2014. He does this year after year in honor of his father who lost his battle to prostate cancer.
- Paul Lewandowski – $4,769.39 After Paul’s prostate cancer diagnosis last year, he went online looking for support. That’s when he found ZERO, and was matched with a ZERO MENtor. Paul shares, “My ZERO mentor was a huge help in getting me talking but speaking with him was a safe space. Paul knew a great way to pay it forward this November was by joining the Grow & Give movement and then tell everyone he knew. As he summarized for us, “Raising funds as part of Grow and Give allowed me the opportunity to tell my story on social media.”.
- Marcelo Londono – $3,394.95 – As Team Captain of Miccosukee Police, he sure led by example. Marcelo does this for his uncle who passed from prostate cancer a few years ago.
- Paul Devlin – $3,080.85 – This Boston Scientific is a top fundraiser year after year. He always has a creative twist of adding video to raise awareness.
Top Teams – Community
- Hops & Handlebars – $7,064.48 Ryan and Anna Pessah really hit it out of the park! Ryan’s dad passed from prostate cancer and this dynamic couple, especially after the birth of their son, are truly working towards generation ZERO.
- Team Annis – $1,526.89 Team Captain Robert Annis made sure to spread the word by giving great updates on social media about his team’s progress.
- Shaker Road BROvember – $1,491.23 Shaker Road Elementary principal Bill Dollard has been getting teachers and staff involved in the cause for 10 years now. Way to go!
- Andrew Zweig Ripple Runners – $1,091.22 What can we say. This team dedicated to the memory of Andrew Zweig works diligently to raise awareness and funding for prostate cancer research.
Top Teams – First Responders
- MICCOSUKEE POLICE – $4,380.66
- Murrieta Police Department – $4,344.93
- Parsippany PBA Local #131 – $3,510.97
- Rialto Police Department – $3,115.90
Top Teams – Corporate
- Baird – NovemBeard 2020 – $19,903.12
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka – NC – $12,848.38
- Boston Scientific – $11,752.50
- Dendreon – $6,830.69
Many thanks to the businesses that partnered with us this year. Special shout out to: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Caesars Slots, Hop Valley Brewing, Exact Sciences, Kessler Shave Co., Wahl Home Grooming, GM Revolution, Outcome Health, and P.L.A.Y.
2020 truly was an amazing year for Growing & Giving. Want to learn more about this campaign or other ways to fundraise for ZERO? Call or email Shawn Supers, Director of Donor Relations at (202) 344-9058.