ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO’s Development Team is seeking interns who have an interest in learning about and gaining experience in building and cultivating donor relationships. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced workflow. We look for teammates that are humble, hungry and people smart and ready to challenge themselves to grow into #ZEROStrong development officers. You’ll be learning from a team of fundraising and development experts with more than 20 years of nonprofit development experience. Work from home on your schedule. We are flexible and can custom create a work schedule that meets your needs and our goals.
Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
This internship will provide education and experience in:
- Building and cultivating donor relationships.
- Communicating with donors over the phone and in writing.
- Database management – tracking of donor contacts.
- Build ZERO Champions – our elite volunteers.
- Expanding ZERO’s Grow & Give campaign – recruitment, sales pitches, and coaching peer-to-peer fundraisers.
- Administrative and research projects as needed.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Fundraising experience is a plus.
Awarded five consecutive years as Best Nonprofits to Work For, ZERO is dedicated to providing a culture that fosters professional growth and camaraderie. We are a 501(c)(3) charity recognized with four stars by Charity Navigator and 85 cents of every dollar goes to programs and initiatives.
To apply for this internship please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line, “Fundraising and Development Internship – Remote.”