TL;DR — Watch live video on sites like Twitch and YouTube. Find contact info for content creators who might be interested in talking to ZERO about doing a charity stream.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national non-profit organization dedicated to ending this prostate cancer. We provide direct support for prostate cancer patients and their families, stop pain and suffering by advancing research, spread awareness about early detection that saves lives, educate patients, and empower individuals to take action that will help end this disease.
ZERO’s Marketing and Communications team is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, attention-oriented individual to help us build relationships with online content creators on Twitch, YouTube, and possibly Facebook Gaming.
This internship involves components of online research, content analysis, and social media tracking. Though the position is unpaid, the hours are flexible, you can work from anywhere with an internet connection, and you’ll be adding professional experience to your resume (in a specialization that is quickly growing in importance within the nonprofit sector). This position will report to the Director of Digital Communications.
- Watch live video on Twitch and other streaming platforms, finding content creators who have contact information, strong communities, and solid interaction with viewers.
- Collect and document contact information, social media accounts, and channel summaries of various content creators.
- Analyze and prioritize potential contacts for direct outreach from other ZERO staff.
- Work with ZERO’s team to adapt and refine processes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Research: Efficiently find specific content and organize information
- Recognize influencers: Ability to look past audience numbers and likes, identifying content creators who use social media well and build vibrant relationships/community
- Independent: Self-directed, thrives in a decentralized workplace
- Motivated: Completes tasks, understands shared goals, and adapts when needed to deliver what is most useful to the team
- Summarizer: Easily analyze content, understand it, filter out unnecessary details, and explain it to others
- Writing: Relates concepts in a succinct, easy-to-understand way
- MS Office/google docs: Can use simple spreadsheets to record information
- Professional: Appropriate behavior, effective communicator, agreeable personality, good judgement, etc.
- BONUS – Community Member: Knowing the lingo and unique culture of viewers and creators on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Gaming, or Mixer.
- SUPER BONUS – Livestream Experience: Content creator, moderator. or community manager who understands the unique pressures of running a stream and/or building/managing a community.
Part-time internships are typically available between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. These hours are flexible with, please make note of your needs within your application letter.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘Research (LiveStreaming) Internship’ in the subject line.