ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a local non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO directs a national run/walk series to raise money for prostate cancer research and patient support programs. We are currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Development team during our fall run/walk season.
The Development Intern is responsible for supporting the Chief Development Officer and Development Coordinators.
There is nothing more important than you and your family’s safety and well-being. Like many institutions and organizations across the country, ZERO implemented a work from home policy beginning on March 12, 2020, and continuing until further notice. We have been monitoring the COVID-19 issue with great scrutiny and we believe that this is the best course of action for ZERO and ZERO staff.
As for the ZERO Internship Program, we want to assure you that your educational experience at ZERO is still important to us.
This support may entail the following duties:
– Assisting in database maintenance projects.
– Assisting in the creation and sending of bulk mail for solicitations, acknowledgments, and stewardship.
– Training in Raiser’s Edge to further assist the Development team.
– Provide general assistance to the Development team.
– Other tasks as assigned.
– Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
– Professional demeanor
– Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
– Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
– Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
Interns will gain basic knowledge and skills in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, and Blackbaud products, which are used for fundraising and development at many nonprofits. Interns will learn and manage relationships by shadowing Development Team members.
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. We are very flexible with scheduling. With communication, start and end days of internship are flexible.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘Fundraising & Development Internship’ in the subject line.