ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a local non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO directs a national Run/Walk series to raise money for prostate cancer research and patient support programs. We are currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Development team during our summer Run/Walk season.
The Development Intern is responsible for supporting Senior VP of Development and Operations, Development and Operations Coordinator, and Development Coordinators. This support may entail the following duties:
- Researching potential donors.
- Assessing existing donors to help form retention and fundraising strategies.
- Assisting in the creation and sending of bulk mail for solicitations, acknowledgments, and stewardship.
- Answering phone calls and emails from donors.
- Provide general assistance to the Development team.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Interns will gain basic knowledge and skills in Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud, which are used for fundraising and development at many nonprofits. Interns will learn and manage relationships by shadowing Development Team members and interacting directly with donors.
Schedule, Location, etc.:
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday (we are very flexible with scheduling).
ZERO’s main office is located in Old Town Alexandria and is accessible by metro (King Street station). ZERO staff and interns enjoy a casual work environment, and while this position is unpaid, we will provide a transportation stipend. There is the possibility for full-time employment at end of internship.
How to Apply
Interested students should email their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Intern” in the subject line.