ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO’s Development Team is seeking interns who have an interest in learning about and gaining experience in building and cultivating donor relationships. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced work flow. We look for teammates that are humble, hungry and people smart and ready to challenge themselves to grow into #ZEROStrong development officers. You’ll be learning from a team of fundraising and development experts with more than 20 years nonprofit development experience. Work from home on your schedule. We are flexible and can custom create a work schedule that meets your needs and our goals.
Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
There is nothing more important than you and your family’s safety and well-being. Like many institutions and organizations across the country, ZERO implemented a work from home policy beginning on March 12, 2020, and continuing until further notice. We have been monitoring the COVID-19 issue with great scrutiny and we believe that this is the best course of action for ZERO and ZERO staff.
As for the ZERO Internship Program, we want to assure you that your educational experience at ZERO is still important to us.
This internship will provide education and experience in :
- Building and cultivating donor relationships.
- Communicating with donors in person, over the phone and in writing.
- Database management – tracking of donor contacts.
- Build ZERO Champions – our elite volunteers.
- Assist with Grow & Give campaign – recruitment, sales pitches, and coaching peer-to-peer fundraisers.
- Administrative and research projects as needed.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Fundraising experience a plus.
Awarded five consecutive years as Best Nonprofits to Work For, ZERO is dedicated to providing a culture that fosters professional growth and camaraderie. We are a 501(c)(3) charity recognized with four stars by Charity Navigator and 86 cents of every dollar goes to programs and initiatives.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘Fundraising & Development Internship’ in the subject line.