Full-Time ∙ Exempt-Salaried ∙ Remote
Looking for a rewarding career to make meaningful change? For more than 25 years, ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer has been a powerful force fighting for a cure and providing critical support to patients and families. As the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer, ZERO advances research, improves the lives of all who are impacted by the disease, and inspires action. Recognized for the past eight years as Best Nonprofits to Work For by the NonProfit Times, it is clear we make supporting our team a top priority. Our commitment to providing an award-winning culture that fosters growth, camaraderie, and diversity is unwavering. ZERO’s high responsibility and high freedom philosophy helps team members excel professionally and thrive personally while making a life-saving difference for those impacted by this devastating disease. Working at ZERO means more than a job, it means being part of an incredible community of people that inspire each other every day.
The Coordinator, Partnerships (Stewardship) will play a critical role on ZERO’s Partnerships team by stewarding relationships with existing corporate partners and helping solicit/execute new partnerships and sponsorships to fund ZERO’s programs. The ideal candidate is passionate about building and maintaining relationships, is a strong communicator, and is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
ZERO strives to empower our team through three key values which are being humble, hungry, and smart. Our team members demonstrate they are humble by working together and defining success collectively. They are hungry to advance our mission, while going above and beyond. In addition, they are emotionally smart by understanding how their actions impact others.
- Steward existing relationships with corporate partners in alignment with ZERO’s “Show The Love” anchor.
- Solicit new sponsorships and partnerships to continue to foster relationships.
- Participate and lead internal and external meetings.
- Actively identify and reach out to prospective partners.
- Create and proofread content for bi-weekly partner newsletter, including development of materials such as solicitation letters and corporate grant applications.
- Work effectively across teams to meet ZERO and sponsor needs; collaborate closely with Director, Partnerships and Coordinator, Partnerships (Projects).
- Assist with general administrative support to the Partnerships team.
- Maintain accurate relationship, solicitation, and funding records in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Assist with annual Prostate Cancer Summit event sponsorships and sponsor logistics.
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability and passion to build meaningful relationships.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to excel in a virtual work environment.
- Exemplifies ZERO’s culture of humble, hungry, and smart.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across teams/departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field of study or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-2 years of work experience in fundraising and development or a corporate development role.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience in fundraising and development or corporate philanthropy role at a nonprofit organization.
- Prior experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Prior experience writing solicitation letters.
- Constant use of a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as computer printer, calculator, and copier.
- Prolonged periods of a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- The ability to recognize details at close range for extended periods of time.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
One of many reasons to join the ZERO team is because we offer great benefits!
- Unlimited PTO
- 403(b) retirement plan matching
- Employer paid benefits include: Medical, Dental, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Vision insurance
This role will report directly to the Director, Partnerships and will work closely with the Partnerships team and larger Development team to support ZERO’s mission to end prostate cancer.
This position is based remotely and candidates may live in any area. However, preference will be given to those who live within the greater D.C. metro area. While travel is currently limited due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this position will eventually require nationwide travel approximately 5% of the time (approximately two times per year).
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, individuals with Disabilities, and those affected by prostate cancer to apply. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to LaTondria Carter, Director, Human Resources at 202-935-5938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further consideration, email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to email@example.com with “Coordinator, Partnerships (Stewardship)” as the subject line. To learn more about ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, visit zerocancer.org.