As part of our commitment to helping you through the prostate cancer journey, we have a series of brochures and fact sheets available for download. We are routinely updating our current materials and adding new pieces. We encourage you to use these informational pieces to have a thoughtful and informed discussion with your health care team.
If you are interested in requesting materials to distribute at a health fair or other community event, please click here to learn about our community awareness toolkit program.
- Prostate Cancer 101
- Prostate Cancer 101: Veterans Edition
- Newly Diagnosed Toolkit
- Managing Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer and Bone Health
- Clinical Trials
Fact Sheets and Guides:
- About Prostate Cancer
- Early Stage Prostate Cancer
- Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Advanced Prostate Cancer Questions to Ask
- Newly Diagnosed Prostate Cancer
- Newly Diagnosed Questions to Ask
- Newly Diagnosed Worksheet
- Prostate Cancer by the Numbers
- Radiation Therapy
- 10 Things Everyone Should Know About Prostate Cancer
- 10 Things African Americans Should Know About Prostate Cancer
- Top 10 Tips for Talking to Your Father About Prostate Cancer
- Top 10 Tips for Talking to Your Son About Prostate Cancer
- 10 Things the LGBTQ+ Community Should Know About Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer Family Tree: Talk to Loved Ones About Their Risk
- ADT Doctor Discussion Guide
- Click to download a printable version of this ZERO360 infocard
- Click to download a printable version of this ZERO360 infocard with additional program information
- ¡Click to download a printable version of this ZERO360infocard en Español!
- ZERO Patient Programs
- ZERO’s Advanced Prostate Cancer Newsletter
Emotional Impact Survey
A recent survey indicated that 64 percent of men with prostate cancer report that their prostate cancer diagnosis has a moderate to severe impact on their social and emotional wellbeing. While both patients and caregivers indicated that prostate cancer disrupts many aspects of their life, it appears that sex life, mood, and career are the most affected.
In partnership with ZERO, Ferring Pharmaceuticals conducted two parallel surveys of prostate cancer patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals to better understand the perceptions and experiences of prostate cancer. The results from the surveys gave us greater insight into the emotional impact of prostate cancer. Six hundred people responded to the surveys, including:
- 100 men diagnosed with prostate cancer
- 100 caregivers for men diagnosed with prostate cancer
- 200 urologists
- 200 allied health professionals
It is essential for men and their loved ones to become educated about prostate cancer once diagnosed so they may partner with their doctor to develop a holistic treatment plan that works with their lifestyle and addresses their concerns.