Questions for Your Doctor and Health Care Team
Get the Facts About Your Diagnosis
- What exactly is my diagnosis?
- What is the stage and Gleason score?
- How aggressive is the cancer, what is my risk group?
- What other tests will be done?
- What are all of my treatment options?
- What is the goal of treatment?
- What treatment do you recommend based on my stage and risk group? Why do you recommend this particular treatment?
- Am I eligible for a clinical trial?
- What are the potential side effects of the treatments we discussed? How can these side effects be managed?
- What will my treatment schedule be?
Living With Prostate Cancer
- Now that I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, are my sons and grandsons at higher risk?
- Where can I get more information about prostate cancer and treatment options?
- What steps can I take to be active and healthy during and after treatment?
- Do you have resources or services for my spouse or partner?
- How can I find support and resources to help pay for my cancer treatment?
Finding out that you or a loved one has prostate cancer can be scary. Prostate cancer is usually a slow growing disease and you have time to gather information about your diagnosis and make an informed decision about your next steps. It’s important to know that there are many resources and services available to you. At ZERO we are here to help you along the way.