ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO directs a national Run/Walk series to raise money for prostate cancer research and patient support programs. We are currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Events Team during our fall Run/Walk season.
Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
This internship will provide education and experience in:
Chapter Development, Event planning, peer to peer fundraising, Relationship building, and much more.
- Support volunteer recruitment, communication, and retention efforts.
- Update and create event logistics materials.
- Make calls and emails to Run/Walk participants (retention and acquisition).
- Make calls and emails to coach Run/Walk participants on how to increase P2P fundraising (offer creative ideas, encourage, and motivate).
- Troubleshoot registration issues.
- Assist onsite at local events (if local).
- Prospect companies and create lists for potential financial support for various campaigns/events.
- Solicit in-kind donations (gift certificates, food, etc.).
- Hang posters and place lawn signs for local events as needed (if local).
- Add events to local calendars online and find new ways to market events.
- Assist in national campaigns (calls, emails, Gratavid, cards, etc.).
- Assist in “Show the Love” efforts through handwritten birthday/holiday/thank you cards.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission.
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. We will work with you to determine a schedule that fits your availability and ZERO’s needs. ZERO staff and interns enjoy a casual work environment. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Chapter Internship.”