The Value of Us TOO
Us TOO International is a nonprofit that serves the prostate cancer community by providing educational materials and resources at no charge. Established in 1990, the organization was founded by—and continues to be governed by—people directly affected by prostate cancer.
In addition to the following list of Us TOO educational resources and support services, there are more than 200 support groups throughout the U.S. and abroad that also help men and their spouses/partners and families make informed decisions about prostate cancer detection, treatment options and related side effects.
- Us TOO website (www.ustoo.org)
- Support group meetings/services & telephone support group
- Support group leader resources
- Inspire online prostate cancer communities (UsTOO.inspire.com)
- Toll-free Us TOO Prostate Cancer HelpLine (1-800-808-7866); including matching callers with similar survivors for peer-to-peer conversations
- Personalized connections for one-to-one support
- Monthly Hot SHEET newsletter
- Frequent 'News You Can Use' updates and articles
- Educational videos on informed decision making
- Educational content – digital and printed
- Genetics & Genomic Testing
- Educational events and presentations
- Military veterans resources – Agent Orange information
- Anxiety & depression and Prostate Cancer
- Special events like the SEA Blue Chicago Prostate Cancer Walk & Run and numerous local events across the country
More than 160,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year. While approximately 27,000 men die from the disease annually, there are nearly 3 million men living in the United States today who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and are managing the disease. This number is estimated to reach 4.2 million men by the year 2024. These men and their spouses/partners and loved ones need information about various treatment options available for minimizing the impact of the disease while maximizing the quality of life.