Prostate Cancer Support Group Meeting & Webcast on Chemotherapy
Sponsored by: Sanofi Genzyme
Hosted by the Us TOO Palatine/Inverness Support Group.
This discussion on chemotherapy for prostate cancer treatment provides accurate, objective, educational content to address:
- What is chemotherapy and how does it work
- Current/updated chemotherapy treatment paradigm; how has it changed and why
- How does chemotherapy fit into the sequencing of therapies
- When is chemotherapy combined with other therapies
- Impact of chemotherapy for patients with the AR-V7 biomarker (indicating a resistant to hormone therapy)
Hosted by Cliff Whall, Leader of the Us TOO support group in Palatine/Inverness, IL, and featuring physician presenter Daniel H. Shevrin, M.D., a medical oncologist in Evanston, IL with more than 20 years of experience. He is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including NorthShore Skokie Hospital and NorthShore University Health-Evanston Hospital.
View the full video by clicking on the image below; or scroll down to access links to short video segments about specific content presented at the event.
Click any link listed below to go straight to that segment of the video:
- 0:01 – Intro, About Us TOO – Chuck Strand, CEO, Us TOO International
- 4:59 – Cliff Whall, Us TOO Inverness Support Group Leader
- 12:58 – Intro to Dr. Daniel H. Shevrin – Medical Oncologist, NorthShore University HealthSystem
- 13:26 – Dr. Shevrin
- 15:45 – Chemotherapy History
- 16:56 – Chemotherapy – How Does it Work?
- 22:53 – Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- 26:47 – Management of Side Effects
- 29:52 – Drugs – Taxotere (Docetaxel)
- 35:12 – Drugs – Jeutana (Cabazitaxel)
- 38:38 – When Do We Use Chemotherapy?/Guidelines
- 42:26 – CHAARTED Trial
- 46:19 – Stampede Trial
- 49:07 – AR-V7 Biomarker
- 52:45 – Chemotherapy for Very Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- 54:03 – Sequencing
- 57:27 – Chemotherapy Myths
- 1:01:01 – Q&A