Toolkit – Experienced LiveStreamers
Be a Hero for a patient who has nowhere else to turn.
1 in 8 men get prostate cancer, and someone dies of this disease every 19 minutes. You can offer a lifeline to patients who need it most: enabling free, one-on-one help from an expert case manager through the ZERO360 patient support program. You’ll be helping those who are teetering on the brink with financial burdens they can’t overcome, barriers to getting the treatments they need, and mental health support when they’re facing the darkest times in their lives.
You don’t need to be one of the biggest channels out there to make a real difference for cancer patients who need help. Whether you’re a gamer, variety streamer, artist, musician, or just chatting, you can have an immediate impact by fundraising and raising awareness for the cause!
Planning an offline event, larger virtual series, or something else something big? Know of an industry vendor or business that wants to work with ZERO? Just looking for ideas and support for your fundraiser? Don’t be a stranger, join our community on Discord or reach out to Jeremy over email, and let’s talk about next steps.
Create a fundraising page: your one-stop place for you to explain the cause and what you’re doing, collect donations, and grab tools that will make your charity stream easier and more successful.
- No Fees: StreamLab doesn’t take any cut of donations; more of each gift goes directly to ZERO.
- Automagical: Uses Streamlab’s tip system, so the same OBS tools, alerts, and plugins you already have configured still work.
- Offline Gifts: Link your viewers to an ongoing donation page for ZERO, featuring you and the other streamers who’ve joined the campaign.
If you’re using SLOBS already, their charity tool is hooked directly into your donation alerts, and there’s no extra fees (aside from what the bank/Paypal charges).
Quickly make a fundraising page including donation form, leader board, customizable story and graphics, embedded livestream, teams, twitch extension, and OBS overlays.
- Ready to roll: Customizing page text and images, thank you messages, and updates. Default page includes cause-specific details and links back to ZERO’s site.
- Streaming Overlays: Customizable alerts, donors lists, fundraising thermometer, easily added to StreamLabs, OBS, StreamElements, XSplit, or others.
- Teams: Create a team and invite others (including non-streamers) to join your fundraising efforts with their own pages. Email friends, thank donors, and post donation buttons to your website or social media.
- Fundraising Tools: Thank donors, email friends, put a donation button on your website. New features like Strava integration are being added all the time.
We’re in beta testing for new streaming features on our existing Run/Walk and Grow & Give campaigns. Email email@example.com and we’ll get you started
- National Movement: Connect with Facebook and any donations.
- Offline Tools: More flexible tools for thanking donors and inviting friends by email.
- Facebook Fundraising: Collect donations on Facebook and see them live on your stream.
Well known for charity streams. If you’ve used it before and gotten good results, definitely consider it for your fundraising page benefiting ZERO.
- See Your History: Your personal profile will show all of the great impact you’ve had in the past, listing all donations you’ve raised for previous campaigns.
- Juggernaut: Takes a bigger cut of each donation, and doesn’t recognize top streamers unless the charity pays over $10k extra.
A bit of planning and a bit of promotion can really turbo-charge your fundraising efforts. Even giving your charity stream a name and theme can take it to the next level and make it feel like an event.
1) Choose a Hook
Add a bit of spectacle by settling on a special activity, theme, or big reveal for your fundraiser. Give it a name and create promotional materials, so that it feels like a can’t-miss event within your community.
2) Set up Your Tools
Customize your fundraising page, explaining what you’re doing, including photos of yourself, and any custom graphics you’ve made for the campaign. Configure overlays in your broadcasting software, including a progress thermometer, donor list, and gift alerts.
3) Motivate Donors
Come up with something spectacular when you’ve reached milestones and your overall fundraising goal. Donor perks are a great way to encourage giving, whether it’s a shout-out during your stream, giving access to custom content, offering having a multi-player session with donors, or even a giveaway.
4) Spread the Word
Promote early and often! Chat about your plans in streams leading up to the fundraiser. Post about it in social media and on Discord. Add a fundraising link to your streaming profile, and if you’re in touch with other content creators outside of their streams, ask if they’ll mention it.
5) Team Up
If you participate in an active Discord channel, have regular viewers who stream, or are part of a team/clan/regular gaming crew, see if your friends would be willing to join the fun and do a charity stream too! It’s easy to create a team page on your fundraising site, it’ll roll up a everyone’s efforts into a leader board and show how much you’ve raised together.
6) Go Live
Fundraiser time, you got this. Mention the cause frequently and don’t be bashful asking for donations, it’ll encourage giving and keep it fresh as viewers come and go during your stream. Check out the next section for some quick stats and talking points about the impact of each gift. And be sure to show the love each time a viewer donates.
7) Celebrate the Good You’ve Done
Thank you! Whether you’ve raised a buck or a billion, you’re making difference by raising awareness about a deadly – but wholly preventable – disease, and helping patients who have nowhere else to turn! After the fundraiser, be sure to thank your donors and tell the stream what an impact they’ve had.
Social Media Toolkit
You know your audience best, so post what makes the most sense for your community. Be sure to use the hashtagand mention us with on Twitter and Facebook, or on Instagram.
Need some ideas? Here’s some example text to help get you started:
Downloads & Talking Points
Click on each thumbnail to view, then right click the full-sized image to download.
To use these, click the thumbnail to open the full-sized image, then right click and save to your computer.