ZERO is always working to bring you current information about all aspects of the prostate cancer journey. We regularly offer free webinars on new treatment advances, managing side effects, and living with prostate cancer.
Most Recent Webinar
Prostate Cancer and Your Family Tree: Implications for Cancer Risk and Genetic Testing
In this webinar, Dr. Veda N. Giri, MD, a medical oncologist and Director of Cancer Risk Assessment and Clinical Cancer Genetics at Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (SKCC) at Thomas Jefferson University, and Colette Hyatt, MS, LCGC, a genetic counselor at SKCC, present the latest information your family needs to know about prostate cancer and its associated genetic cancer risks. This program took place on February 24th, 2017 at 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT and was hosted by ZERO with generous support from Myriad Genetics. A recording of the webinar is available below:
- Current Treatments in Advanced Prostate Cancer: Side Effect Management and Clinical Trials
- The treatment and management of advanced prostate cancer continues to evolve. Special guest speaker Dr. Tomasz Beer, the Director of the Knight Prostate Cancer Research Program at Oregon Health & Science University, discussed current treatments, managing side effects, and clinical trials. If you are exploring treatment options, or want an introduction to metastatic, castration-resistant, and recurrent prostate cancer, this webinar is for you. Brought to you by Us TOO and ZERO.
- This webinar took place on September 26th, 2016 at 1:00pm ET/10:00am PT. A recording of the webinar is available to watch.
- Treatment Options for Localized Prostate Cancer
- Catching prostate cancer when it’s still early enough to cure is important. But knowing how to choose the right treatment option is just as important. Between surgery, external radiation, brachytherapy, HIFU, cryotherapy, active surveillance, and other options, what do you choose? Learn how to balance treatment effectiveness, side effects, convenience, and costs. This webinar featured urologic surgeon Dr. Kelvin Moses and radiation oncologist Dr. Eric Shinohara, both from Vanderbilt Cancer Center, and was hosted by ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer.
- This webinar took place on July 13th, 2016 at 3:00pm ET/12:00 PT. A recording of the webinar is available to watch.
- Genomic Testing and Demystifying Your Diagnosis
- After a prostate cancer diagnosis, trying to understand all the treatment options available can be mind-boggling. An unclear path forward can leave men susceptible to both over-treatment, with all the unnecessary side effects, or under-treatment, which leaves the risk that the cancer will continue to grow. In many cases, genomic testing can help. This webinar featured speakers Dr. Kelvin Moses from Vanderbilt Cancer Center and Monica Bryant from Triage Cancer, and can help men newly diagnosed with prostate cancer understand when, why, and how to receive genomic testing. This program was made possible with generous support from Genomic Health.
- This webinar took place on May 16th, 2016 at 4:00pm ET/ 1:00pm PT. A recording of the webinar is available at https://youtu.be/5olLoXnavBU.
- The Meaning of the Season: Holidays With Prostate Cancer
- The winter holidays should be a time of family, friends, and simple enjoyment. Yet prostate cancer can complicate this season immensely, from having to skip favorite holiday foods to navigating (or avoiding) conversations about your diagnosis. It may even feel wrong or saddening to go through the season of cheer when facing prostate cancer. ZERO-The End of Prostate Cancer is proud to join with nutrition educator Margaret Martin from Pearlpoint Cancer Support and oncology social worker Alison Sachs from Eisenhower Lucy Curci Cancer Center to bring you tips and advice on getting the support you deserve to enjoy the holidays.
- This webinar took place on December 15th, 2015 at 4:00 ET/1:00 pm PT. You can find the full slide deck available here.
- Beyond the PSA: Genomic Testing in Localized Prostate Cancer
- You’ve caught your prostate cancer early-now what? Specialized genomic testing can help predict the likelihood that your prostate cancer will grow quickly or whether it will spread through your body. Join ZERO and Dr. Kelvin Moses of Vanderbilt University Medical Center as we explore the future of genomic testing in determining treatment options for localized prostate cancer. This program is made possible with generous support from Genomic Health.
- This webinar took place on December 2nd, 2015 at 5:00 ET/ 2:00 pm PT. Unfortunately, the recording is only available for the latter half of the webinar. It does cover most of a very productive Q&A session. You can watch it at this link. You can also find the full slide deck available here.
- New Frontiers in Advanced Prostate Cancer
- The landscape of advanced prostate cancer treatment is constantly evolving. ZERO and special guest Dr. Tomasz Beer, the Director of the Knight Prostate Cancer Research Program at Oregon Health & Science University, partnered to explore the current treatments and newest advances in metastatic and recurrent prostate cancer. This program was made possible with generous support from OncoGenex and Janssen.
- This webinar took place on September 25th, 2015 at 4:00 pm ET/ 1:00 pm PT. A recording of the webinar is available to watch.
- Survivorship: Living Beyond Prostate Cancer
- ZERO and UsToo partnered to delve into the clinical and emotional aspects of living beyond prostate cancer treatment. Featured speaker urologic oncology nurse practitioner Meredith Morgan, ACNP-BC, drew on her clinical experience at the New York Presbyterian Hospital to discuss topics such as erectile dysfunction, urinary incontinence, and the possibility of recurrence. We were also joined by Senior Vice President of Cancer Support Community, Dr. Joanne Buzaglo, PhD, who spoke on managing the emotions and psychosocial effects of survivorship.
- This webinar took place on August 5th, 2015 at 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT. A recording of the webinar is available at to watch.
- Managing Costs of Prostate Cancer Care
- ZERO and Monica Bryant of Triage Cancer delivered an educational webinar discussing insurance, disability and financial resources for men diagnosed with prostate cancer. Attendees left armed with information to use in discussions with their health care team and or employer about managing the cost of prostate cancer treatment.
- This webinar took place on May 6th, 2015 at 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT. A recording of the webinar is available to watch.
- Prostate Cancer and Nutrition
- In partnership with PearlPoint Cancer Support, the Prostate Cancer and Nutrition program was developed. Our featured speaker and licensed dietitian and nutritionist Margaret Martin, RD, MS, LDN, from PearlPoint addressed the important role nutrition can play throughout the prostate cancer journey and how to maintain optimal nutrition during and after prostate cancer treatment. Ms. Martin also discussed how to make healthy food choices to prevent recurrence.
- This webinar took place on March 31st, 2015 at 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT. A recording of the webinar is available at to watch.
To learn more about clinical trials, visit the clinical trials section of our website.
Education Video Library
Whether you’re newly diagnosed with prostate cancer, dealing with side effects, or learning to navigate as a survivor, ZERO’s educational videos can help you learn about your options. Hear from patients and survivors, as well as physicians from our partner Chespeake Urology. Visit our YouTube page to share the videos and help raise awareness.
Types of Treatment
Please find additional videos under the “Playlist” icon in the top left-hand corner.