Why Join a Prostate Cancer Support Group?
Support groups provide people impacted by prostate cancer with an opportunity to be with others who have a common purpose. While every prostate cancer diagnosis is unique, members of support groups often have similar feelings, worries, and concerns. Finding a support group may benefit you or your loved one in many ways, including:
- Feeling less lonely or isolated
- Improving understanding of prostate cancer treatment and side effects
- Getting practical feedback about treatment options
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Improving skills to cope with challenges
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Gaining a sense of empowerment
- Learning about education, financial assistance, and other resources
View, print, or download our Why Join a ZERO Us TOO Support Group sheet now! If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, you are not alone.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, most Support Groups are meeting virtually, however, some are now meeting in person and some are using a hybrid. Please check back often as we continue to make updates!
Us TOO Prostate Cancer Support Group Meetings
Interested in becoming a Support Group Leader? View our Leading a ZERO Us TOO Support Group sheet now!
This video brought together men from diverse prostate cancer support groups to share their experiences and how being part of a community can be a source of strength. By confiding in other men with prostate cancer, they’ve found information and support.
For additional information on all of ZERO’s Us TOO Prostate Cancer Support Groups, or to update us on a support group meeting time/location, please contact Terri Likowski, Director of Us TOO Support Groups, at firstname.lastname@example.org.