MEET THE TEAM
Our chapter sponsors play a critical role in making the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk series a success in our communities. As champions to end prostate cancer, these passionate chapter sponsors are making a difference in the lives of patients and families. To become a chapter sponsor in the Midwest, contact Emily Sybrant.
Join the Event
June 11, 2022 @ 8am Run/Walk Start, 6:30am Registration Opens
Advanced Urology Associates – 1541 Riverboat Center Dr., Joliet, IL 60432
September 24, 2022 @ 9am Run/Walk Start, 7:30am Registration Opens
Principle Park Stadium – 1 Line Dr., Des Moines, IA 50309
September 25, 2022 @ 9am Run/Walk Start, 7:30am Registration Opens
Children’s Mercy Stadium – 1 Sporting Way, Kansas City, KS 66111
August 6, 2022 @ 9am Run/Walk Start, 7:30am Registration Opens
Lake Zorinsky Park
September 17, 2022 @ 9am Run/Walk Start, 7:30am Registration Opens
Tower Grove Park – 4256 Magnolia Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110
September 10, 2022 @ 9am Run/Walk Start, 7:30am Registration Opens
May 21, 2022 @ 9:00 a.m. CT
Yanney Heritage Park – 2020 W 11th St Kearney, NE 68845
September 18, 2022 @ 9am Run/Walk Start, 7:30am Registration Opens
Diversity Harbor – 2601 N. Cannon Dr., Chicago, IL 60614
Tee-Off Des Moines
Join the fight to drive away prostate cancer by being a sponsor or a player for the 2022 Annual ZERO Prostate Cancer Tee-Off Des Moines hosted by Urology Center of Iowa, Broadlawns Medical Center and KIA Des Moines.
ZERO is thrilled to be merging with Us TOO International to better serve the prostate cancer community. A deep impact for the patient community is the fusion of the over 200 volunteer-led Us TOO support groups across the country into the ZERO menu of patient support programs. To find a support group near you, click HERE.
ZERO DRIVE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
If you live in Iowa and have a diagnosis of prostate cancer you are eligible to apply for a $300 debit card that can be used for transportation-related expenses. To learn more or apply, click HERE.
Thanks to the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk Des Moines event sponsors and participants whose support directly impacted the launch of ZERO Drive Iowa
UnityPoint Health Prostate Cancer Support Group: Des Moines, IA
- Date/Time: This group meets virtually the fourth Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. CT. For information, call 515-241-4231
Prostate Cancer Support Group (Breakfast Club)
- Location: University of IA Hospitals and Clinics – 200 Hawkins Dr; 5970 John Pappajohn Pavilion (JPP), Elevator I to Level 5, Iowa city, IA 52242
- Date/Time: Fourth Friday of each month at 9:30 a.m. CT; Occasional schedule changes may occur; call for details
- Contact: Carralee Sueppel | firstname.lastname@example.org | 319-683-2739
Omaha, NE Methodist Support Group
- Location: Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center lobby
- Date/Time: The first Thursday of each month from 7-8:30 p.m. ET
- For more information, call 402-354-5893
ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk Medical Partners
Our medical partners play a critical role in making the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk series a success in communities nationwide. As champions to end prostate cancer, these passionate medical professionals, dedicated doctors, and staff are making a difference in the lives of patients and families. Contact your local chapter director for more information on how to become a medical partner with ZERO’s Prostate Cancer Run/Walk series.
Thank you to our medical partners in the Midwest Chapter.
Our chapter team are master relationship builders, connecting with other local or regional community and corporate entities who also have a vested interest in ending prostate cancer. With their help, we are able to increase awareness and grow education about prostate cancer within each chapter. Below is a list of partners in the Midwest area.
- Broadlawns Medical Center Foundation in Des Moines, IA.
- The Prostate Network support group in Kansas City Metro, KS.
- The Empowerment Network support group in St. Louis, MO.
- Hope Breakfast Bar in St. Paul, MN.
- Minnesota Urology Foundation in Twin Cities Metro, MN.
- Mustachio Bashio in Chicago, IL.
- Baird in Milwaukee, WI.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
MIDWEST CHAPTER GEAR
MIDWEST CHAPTER CHATTER
To stay in the loop with what is happening in the Midwest Chapter, check out this month’s chapter chatter below!