Finding Financial Assistance During Your Prostate Cancer Journey
A cancer diagnosis can be devastating physically and emotionally, as well as financially. Know you are not alone. We are here to help. Understanding what resources are available can make all the difference for patients and their families. Whether you need help finding financial aid for treatments, transportation, job loss, cost of living expenses, or finding an affordable place to stay near where you get treatment, below is a comprehensive listing of trusted resources to connect you to the specific support you need. Over the years, we’ve helped thousands of patients find financial assistance resources through our own comprehensive patient support program called ZERO360.
ZERO360: Personalized Support at Your Fingertips
ZERO360 is a free, comprehensive patient support service to help patients and their families. Our team of experienced case managers are ready to help you and your family through your personal prostate cancer journey.
“Juggling my job and family along with doctor appointments, costly treatments, and the daily grind of paying bills and everyday tasks takes me away from making my health a priority. I am grateful for having ZERO360 on my team.” – Joe, Prostate Cancer Patient
ZERO360 services can help you with the following issues:
- Insurance Navigation Services
- Talk through your health insurance plan to understand what’s included under your coverage
- Secure pre-authorization for prescribed care
- Get help with the insurance appeal process
- Resolve insurance codes and billing issues
- Screening and Enrollment
- Secure access to care for the uninsured
- Identify insurance coverage options, including Marketplace/Exchange products, Medicaid, Medigap, Medicare Part D, Medicare Low Income Subsidy, and TRICARE
- Get assistance enrolling in Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or state and/or employer-based disability benefits
- Locate Financial Resources
- Work with our team to uncover free or reduced cost prescribed treatment access based on your insurance situation
- Find resources for cost-of-living support such as food, electricity, and transportation
- Employee Benefit Services
- Make the most of employer-sponsored benefits, such as short- and long-term disability and COBRA
- Understand employee protections, such as Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Emotional Support
- Get referrals to appropriate emotional and psychosocial support services
Finding the Specific Support You Need
While many patients have benefited greatly by working with a ZERO360 Case Manager to receive personalized assistance, other patients prefer to contact resources directly. Below you will find a comprehensive and current listing of resources to serve as your launch pad to get the help you need. Don’t see your specific financial need listed? Don’t worry, you can contact us directly and we’ll do our best to help. Contact ZERO’s Vice President of Patient Programs and Education, Shelby Moneer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-317-4127.
I can’t afford the cost of my treatment, how can I find help?
I need transportation to get to my doctor appointments and treatments, what resources are available to make my travel affordable?
I recently lost my job, where can I get help?
I need help with my day-to-day cost of living like my utilities, rent, or mortgage. What types of resources exist to help me?
I have to travel a far distance for my treatment and will have to stay in a hotel overnight, what affordable housing options are available?
Additional Ways You Can Learn More
A prostate cancer diagnosis may come with new questions around what your health insurance covers and what new costs you may expect. ZERO has many more resources available to you online — be sure to explore this site to find all that you need to help you during this time:
Educational Videos: Conversations with Experts
You can hear first-hand from a ZERO360 Case Manager on how they help patients. Watch the below video to see ZERO’s Patient Programs and Education Manager Kate Gibbons as she takes a deep dive into ZERO360 through a conversation with Courtney Jones, ZERO360 Case Management Senior Director, and Kayla Shively, ZERO360 Case Manager.
“My case manager has been amazing in the support she has provided. I had a procedure and it was not covered. I decided to file my own claim. Following the initial denial I found ZERO360, connected with my case manager, and from that point on felt more relaxed since I had someone who knows the methods on filing advanced claims. I saw the wisdom and thoughtfulness of her appeals and appreciated it very much. I did receive some reimbursement. I let my urologist, friends and other people know of ZERO360. That is where her help was so important, carefully crafting responses and gathering all necessary documents is something I do not know if I could have handled alone. I fully appreciate the work of ZERO360 and are glad they are around to help in these matters”
–Roy, Prostate Cancer Patient
With support provided by: