It’s time to BBQ! Summertime is all about getting your family and friends together for a tasty meal that only the grill can serve up. Why not turn up the heat and make an impact in the fight to end prostate cancer too?
Whether it’s a 4th of July cookout with family and friends, or a neighborhood-wide bash, add a fundraiser to your party to help fight prostate cancer. It’s a terrific way to celebrate and honor the men in your life.
Secret Recipe: create your own BBQ for Blue fundraiser
- Pick a Date – What day will work best for your guests? Maybe you have an annual holiday gathering, family reunion, or block party already planned? Choose the day and time that is easiest for you and invite your guests.
- Register to BBQ for Blue – Set up your own fundraising page in just a few minutes.
- Choose a Theme – select one of the BBQ themes below or create your own spin!
- Donate to Dine: ask for donations from guests who will dig in to your BBQ.
- Friendly Competition: how about a best sauce, best burger, or best dessert challenge? Guests vote by dollar donated and the winner is whoever raised the most money!
- Donation Stations: set-up in areas where guests will congregate with signs asking for donations to ZERO. Place a container to collect donations next to it or better yet an ipad with your donations page open to take online donations directly to your fundraising page.
Sauce It Up: Tips & tools for your BBQ for Blue fundraiser
- Use Evite.com to create your own BBQ for Blue invitation. Evite will send out emails, reminders and capture RSVP information.
- Click here to download and use ZERO’s BBQ for Blue logo.
- Get inspired by this article featuring the best BBQ joints in each of the 50 States!
- From the Carolinas to Kansas City there are lots of different BBQ sauces to choose from, check out this selection of more than 20 sauce recipes from across America.
- Visit our ZERO Store for awesome swag for your competition winners or for you!
Dress Up Your BBQ
Order educational materials and prostate cancer awareness bracelets for your guests at least 4 weeks prior to your event. If you need assistance please contact Abby Conklin at Abby@zerocancer.org.
Please make checks out to ZERO Prostate Cancer and mail to 201 N. Union St. Mailbox 110, Alexandria, VA 22314. Be sure to include a note indicating the BBQ for Blue host.
Where does the money go?
For more than twenty years, we have helped save lives, support research and new treatments, educate and test men, and unite communities to make prostate cancer a national priority. Together we’ve made a significant impact on the fight against the disease. We are on the front lines investing in patient support programs, research for better diagnostics, and creating awareness. No other prostate cancer charity spends more per dollar on programs – more than 85 cents. ZERO puts every donation to good use.