ZERO is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Marketing & Communications Team.
- Supporting media outreach by coordinating calendar listings, pulling media lists, and drafting pitches
- Supporting social media program by maintaining a calendar of events, a list of ideas for posts and tweets, and outreach tactics
- Fulfilling store orders and maintaining inventory for marketing and promotional materials
- Researching potential opportunities with media sponsors and partnerships
- Coordinating photo library
- Other tasks as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. We are very flexible with scheduling. ZERO’s main office is located in Old Town Alexandria and is accessible by metro (King Street station). ZERO staff and interns enjoy a casual work environment, and while this position is unpaid, we will provide a transportation stipend. The internship period begins immediately and ends either with the spring semester or at the end of the summer.
To apply for this position, interested students should email their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing/Communications Intern” in the subject line.