ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO’s livestreaming team is seeking a self-directed, creative, and ambitious individual to help us build our livestreaming community. A major component of this internship will be to watch and research streamers on Twitch, Youtube, and Facebook Gaming. In addition to helping ZERO expand and grow our livestream fundraising program, interns will also learn about and gain experience in building and cultivating streamer relationships. While this is an unpaid internship, you’ll be learning from a team of fundraising and development experts with more than 20 years of nonprofit development experience. This position will allow you to work from home on your schedule; we are flexible and can custom create a work schedule that meets your needs and our goals.
- Watch live video on Twitch and other streaming platforms to find content creators who have contact information, strong communities, and solid interaction with viewers.
- Efficiently collect and document contact information, social media accounts, and channel summaries of various content creators.
- Analyze and prioritize potential contacts, and conduct outreach to invite them to join the cause.
- Coach streamers and fundraisers to help maximize fundraising efforts.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work flow.
- Well-organized with an efficient work style.
- Familiarity with the unique culture and lingo of livestreaming on all platforms.
- Ability to look past audience numbers to identify content creators who use social media well and build vibrant relationships/communities.
- Self-directed and thrives in a decentralized workplace.
- Completes tasks, understands shared goals, and adapts when needed.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor.
- Humble, hungry, and people smart.
- Bonus – livestream experience: content creator, moderator, or community manager who understands the unique pressures of running a stream and/or building/managing a community.
Recognized as one of the NonProfit Times’ Best Nonprofits to Work For, ZERO is dedicated to providing a culture that fosters professional growth and camaraderie. We are a 501(c)(3) charity recognized with four stars by Charity Navigator and 85 cents of every dollar goes to programs and initiatives.
To apply for this internship, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “Livestream Fundraising Internship – Remote” in the subject line.