ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer and help all who are impacted. ZERO advances research, provides support, and creates solutions to achieve health equity to meet the most critical needs of our community. ZERO is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to work directly with our Government Relations and Advocacy team to further prostate cancer-friendly initiatives at state and federal levels.
Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain valuable hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals and advocates. Additionally, an internship at ZERO will allow interns to access a nationwide intern network that is useful for learning and networking with your peers.
In this role, the Government Relations and Advocacy intern will promote ZERO’s public affairs efforts through a variety of activities.
- Assist with government relations outreach in support of ZERO’s policy priorities, including assisting with Congressional outreach for the 2022 ZERO Run/Walk series.
- Support grassroots advocacy efforts, including helping the GR team to prepare advocates for in-district meetings.
- Manage partner records in ZERO’s constituent database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Research prostate cancer-related legislation and opportunities at the state and federal levels
- Draft blog posts, social media, and other content for ZERO advocacy purposes
- Other tasks as assigned
- Academic studies in public policy, public health, political science, or related field, or equivalent work experience in a cause-oriented or campaign workspace
- Demonstrated interest in public policy and mission-driven work
- Excellent writing skills and strong organizational skills
- Willingness to take initiative and motivation to seek new learning opportunities
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology
- Interest in learning about and sharing in ZERO’s mission
ZERO’s internships are flexible — a minimum of 16 hours a week that must be regular but can fit to your schedule (ex: two whole days a week, four half days, or something else). With proper communication, start and end days of internship are flexible.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, and all those affected by prostate cancer to apply.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘GR & Advocacy Summer Internship’ in the subject line.