ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is the leading national nonprofit organization with the mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. ZERO is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to work directly with our VP of Government Relations and Advocacy to further prostate cancer-friendly initiatives at state and federal levels.
Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain valuable hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals and advocates. Additionally, an internship at ZERO will allow interns to access a nationwide intern network that is useful for learning and networking with your peers.
In this role, the Government Relations and Advocacy intern will promote ZERO’s public affairs efforts through a variety of activities.
- Assist with government relations outreach in support of ZERO’s policy priorities, including assisting with the 2022 ZERO Prostate Cancer Summit
- Support ZERO’s multiple Veterans-focused initiatives and campaigns by maintaining the volunteer roster, performing analysis, and coordinating and tracking communications
- Conduct outreach and research around potential partners for an upcoming 2021 Veterans survey and manage partner records in ZERO’s constituent database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Research prostate cancer-related legislation and opportunities at the state and federal levels
- Draft blog posts, social media, and other content for ZERO advocacy purposes
- Other tasks as assigned
- Academic studies in public policy, public health, political science, or related field, or equivalent work experience in a cause-oriented or campaign workspace
- Demonstrated interest in public policy and mission-driven work
- Excellent writing skills and strong organizational skills
- Willingness to take initiative and motivation to seek new learning opportunities
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology
- Interest in learning about and sharing in ZERO’s mission
ZERO’s internships are flexible — hours must be regular but can fit to your schedule (ex: 10 hours a week, 5 hours each on Tuesday and Thursday). With proper communication, start and end days of internship are flexible.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, and all those affected by prostate cancer to apply.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘GR & Advocacy Internship’ in the subject line.