ZERO directs a national ‘Run/Walk’ 5k series to raise money for prostate cancer research and patient support programs. The past two years, ZERO’s Run/Walks were virtual to ensure the safety of the local communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. This year, we have over 45 in-person events and are currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Events Team in marketing and outreach during our fall run/walk season.
Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
- Engaging community-based grassroots organizations to increase participation and registration
- Possible organizations include local businesses, colleges, national honor society chapters, sororities and fraternities, local running groups, and more
- Identifying new potential groups for recruitment
- Supporting volunteer and participant retention efforts
- Assisting new participants with registration via phone calls and email
- Troubleshooting registration issues
- Other tasks as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, if needed
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. With communication, start and end days of internship are flexible.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘Events Internship’ in the subject line. Please include the job site that referred you to this position in your cover letter.