ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a nonprofit organization based in the Washington DC area dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO’s Partnerships Team is seeking an intern interested in learning about and gaining experience in securing corporate sponsorships for ZERO’s Run/Walks, the largest men’s health race series in the country. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills, and sharp computer knowledge. We look for teammates that are humble, hungry, people-smart, and ready to challenge themselves. Hours are flexible and we can work to build an internship that meets your needs and goals.
The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced and energetic environment while maintaining a positive attitude. This individual should be comfortable working autonomously and must excel at managing multiple tasks and executing them accurately, quickly, and efficiently.
Key projects and learning opportunities:
- Support for event sponsorship at the national and local levels and deliverables tracking for the ZERO Run/Walk series
- Learn about funding streams for nonprofits, including sponsorships, peer-to-peer fundraising, and grant funding
- Training on Blackbaud software, including Raiser’s Edge NXT and Luminate Online; assist with data entry and data analysis using software
- Learn about grant application process and assist with grant applications
- Prospect new sponsors and grant funders for the ZERO Run/Walk series
- Administrative and research projects support, as needed
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft software
- Basic understanding of office equipment and functions
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Fundraising or grant-writing experience or knowledge a plus
Awarded five consecutive years as Best Nonprofits to Work For, ZERO is dedicated to providing a culture that fosters professional growth and camaraderie. We are a 501(c)(3) charity recognized with four stars by Charity Navigator and 85 cents of every dollar goes to programs and initiatives.
Your educational experience is very important to us and we will work with you to make sure you are achieving your internship goals while teleworking.
To apply for this internship, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Event Sponsorships Intern”.