ZERO is seeking a detail oriented, customer service driven fundraising and events professional with a strong sense of initiative and excellent organization skills to support the West Coast Chapter Director on all chapter initiatives including fundraising, events, program, and volunteer engagement. This is a home-based position. The ideal candidate will be able to self motivate, take initiative and jump right into the role to support this growing chapter. This individual should be comfortable working autonomously and must excel at managing multiple tasks and execute them quickly, efficiently, and meticulously.
The West Coast Chapter Coordinator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Peer to peer fundraising calls and/or emails for nine or more run/walk events
- Research and apply to grant and sponsorship opportunities
- Pull, organize, and analyze reports
- Work with cancer center and urology office contacts to ensure they have up to date ZERO patient materials and resource
- Administrative support to the West Coast Chapter Director
- Solicits in-kind product donations and volunteer support as needed
- The ideal candidate possesses these three attributes: Humble, Hungry, and Smart
- Humble: Admits mistakes, shares credit, acknowledges weaknesses, offers and accepts apologies graciously
- Hungry: ambitious, passionate, accountable, motivated, entrepreneurial
- Smart: Emotionally intelligent, empathetic, personable, attentive listener, self-aware
- Minimum 1-2 years non-profit fundraising experience
- Experience utilizing Luminate Online (TeamRaiser) and Raisers Edge preferred
- Four-year college degree
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Must have excellent communications skills especially phone and email
This position reports to the West Coast Chapter Director.
ZERO provides excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, and life insurance and a casual dress work environment. Metro accessible.
Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include West Coast Chapter Coordinator in the subject line.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer (https://zerocancer.org) is the nation’s leading prostate cancer nonprofit with a mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy. As a recipient of the Nonprofit Time’s Best Nonprofits to Work For award, ZERO believes that top performers deserve top benefits. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, flexible hours, comprehensive health care, matching retirement funds, flexible spending accounts, and a casual work environment.