ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, www.ZeroCancer.org, is the nation’s leading prostate cancer non-profit working to save lives and stop the pain and suffering of this horrible disease by advancing prostate cancer research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to men and their families.
ZERO is seeking a humble, hungry, and smart professional to lead its growing patient support programs portfolio and oversee its government relations and patient advocacy agenda. The individual in this position must manage multiple tasks and execute them with precision while demonstrating superior written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate will be a proven and selfless leader and team player with cause-driven passion and the business acumen to be part of a cross-functional leadership team taking the organization to new heights. This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a candidate that is forward-thinking, strategic, and is eager to be a part of a stellar organization and movement that is quickly approaching its tipping point.
The Vice President of Patient Programs and Advocacy will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all program areas at ZERO and our critical advocacy and public policy efforts. The position will be a part of the leadership team that drives the overall strategy for the organization and represents ZERO externally to patients, nonprofit partners, medical professionals, and government officials. The VP of Patient Programs and Advocacy is responsible for developing a deep knowledge of the strategy and operations of all programs and government relations initiatives toward meeting unmet patient need in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Implement and evolve ZERO’s programmatic vision.
- Lead the operations and growth of ZERO’s patient programs including ZERO case management, transportation support, peer-to-peer mentoring, non-medical financial support, awareness activities, and educational content.
- Create new patient programs based on documented unmet patient needs.
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better track, improve, and support facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge and data that is generated by ZERO’s programs.
- Show the love to patients and partners through a constant commitment to excel in delivering excellent patient-centric programs.
- Expand, deepen and support ZERO’s GR initiatives with a focus on increasing the Department of Defense’s Prostate Cancer Research Program appropriations through stellar advocacy representation and development of ZERO advocates.
- Manage relationships with ZERO’s patient program and government relations vendors as well as its Medical Advisory Board.
- Identify and maximize program potential for generating revenue by supporting development in sponsor and grant funding opportunities by providing expert opinion, program descriptions and news, and compelling up-to-date metrics.
- Collaborate with our communications team to develop, maintain, and enhance easily understood and compelling education content across all ZERO’s platforms including the website, printed material, webinars, and social media.
- Develop expertise regarding prostate cancer and its prevention, diagnosis, clinical treatment, and side effects in order to triage patients to the best resources.
- Maximize program potential for generating revenue by supporting development in sponsor and grant funding opportunities by providing expert opinion, program descriptions and news, and compelling up-to-date metrics.
- Work across the organization to train, inform, and update ZERO’s staff in prostate cancer information, news, and policy.
- Oversee “Learn” website section with up-to-date information and functionality to enhance patient education and web experience.
- Manage up to four staffers and contractor.
Prefered candidates will have had non-profit health care experience in building patient programs and GR initiatives and managing them to their full potential. Resume, cover letter, and salary expectations are to be directed to: Jamie Bearse, President & CEO and emailed to HR@ZeroCancer.org.