ZERO, recognized by the Nonprofit Times as one of the “50 best Nonprofits to Work For” over the last seven years, seeks a dynamic Vice President of Patient Programs and Education to join our award-winning team. The ideal candidate will be a proven and selfless leader and team player with cause-driven passion and the business acumen to be part of a cross-functional management team taking the organization to new heights.
The Vice President of Patient Programs and Education will have strategic and operational responsibility for all program areas at ZERO and our multimedia educational efforts. The position will be a part of the management team that drives the overall strategy for the organization and represents ZERO externally to patients, nonprofit partners, medical professionals, and government officials. The position is responsible for developing a deep disease knowledge and for delivering a programmatic and educational strategy to best address unmet patient needs efficiently and effectively as well as identifying new opportunities for the organization to grow programmatically.
- Implement and evolve ZERO’s programmatic strategy.
- Lead the operations and growth of ZERO’s patient programs including ZERO case management, transportation support, peer-to-peer mentoring, non-medical financial support, awareness activities, and educational content.
- Create new patient programs based on documented unmet patient needs.
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better track, improve, and support facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge and data that is generated by ZERO’s programs.
- Lead and execute programming, content development, speaker recruitment, and sponsorship deliverables for ZERO’s Annual Advocacy and Education Summit.
- Identify and maximize program potential for generating revenue by supporting development in sponsor and grant funding opportunities by providing expert opinion, program descriptions and news, and compelling up-to-date metrics and reporting.
- Collaborate with our communications team to develop, maintain, and enhance easily understood and compelling education content across all ZERO’s platforms including the website, printed material, webinars, podcasts, livestreaming, educational events, and social media.
- Develop and launch a new research fund with standardized protocols and infrastructure to distribute annual grants to researchers improving prostate cancer diagnostics and care.
- Develop expertise regarding prostate cancer and its prevention, diagnosis, clinical treatment, and side effects in order to triage patients to the best resources.
- Work across the organization to regularly train, inform, and update ZERO’s staff in general prostate cancer information, latest news, and more advanced education including the latest diagnostics, treatments, and trends.
- Oversee “Learn” website section with up-to-date information and functionality to enhance patient education and web experience.
- Serve as a ZERO spokesperson and expert with the media and for public speaking opportunities at medical and patient events as well as other conferences.
- Manage relationships with ZERO’s Medical Advisory Board and Patient Caregiver Advisory Boards and with strategic partner organizations.
- Manage one FTE and contractor.
ZERO is recognized as a top nonprofit to work for because of its award-winning culture. We provide excellent benefits including employer paid health, and dental and life insurance. Prefered candidates will have had nonprofit health care experience in building patient programs and educational initiatives and managing them to their full potential. Travel required. Resume, cover letter, and salary expectations are to be directed to: Colony Brown Sr. VP of Marketing & Communications and emailed to HR@ZeroCancer.org. Please include Vice President of Patient Programs and Education in the subject line.