ZERO is seeking a motivated self-starter to establish and grow a community chapter in the state of Texas, with the goal of localizing ZERO programs, drawing supporters to the cause, and raising funds to advance the organization’s mission.
The Texas Chapter Director will develop and implement strategies for recruiting new sponsors, volunteers and ZERO champions to support ZERO’s programs including the run/walk program, and local education and awareness initiatives. S/he will serve as the liaison for all ZERO events in their region.
As ZERO grows its chapter presence nationwide, the Texas Chapter Director will work in close collaboration with ZERO national staff to evaluate volunteer needs, create best practices around volunteer management and retention, and identify areas for growth.
- Grow revenue in region
- Develop relationships with existing and new fundraisers
- Work with National to establish and implement planning timelines, income goals, expense budget, and participant recruitment strategies
- Establish and cultivate active volunteer and advocate pool through community engagement in the region
- Make presentations to businesses, organizations, and community groups to recruit teams of walkers, and manage accounts on a year-round basis
- Work to achieve the run/walk goals including strategies regarding sponsorship, team recruitment and retention, media outreach, and a year-long communications plan
- Integrate social marketing initiatives, such as email blasts to volunteers, constituents, and local community, as well as other forms of social media outreach that will target potential walkers, donors, and constituents who will help support our mission and raise money to end prostate cancer
- Implement and coordinate all volunteer recruitment and retention for local ZERO run/walk and other educational programs
- Manage regional solicitation of team captains, corporate team participation, local sponsors and, the creation of a fundraising committee
- Become an expert on prostate cancer resources in region
- Leverage ZERO resources to use in your state (marketing, government relations, events, operations, etc.)
- Cultivate relationships with key ZERO partners in the medical community
- Create a ZERO presence at wellness fairs, health fairs, and corporate speaking engagements, utilizing volunteer base
- Serve as the ZERO representative at all regional events including run/walks, endurance events, wellness fairs, and other special events
- Develop and support all other local fundraising events
- Help cultivate donors in the state of Texas
- Utilize Raisers Edge to track all engagement
- Proven success in fundraising with local corporations and peer-to-peer
- Bachelor’s degree
- An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness and support for prostate cancer
- Three or more years of professional experience in empowering individuals to volunteer
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate individuals to achieve fundraising goals
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships
- Initiative and independence, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent and well demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects
- The energy and drive and experience in creating and growing a state chapter
- Ability to travel weekly throughout the region
- Ability to travel 10+ weekends per year
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position reports to the Vice President of Events.
This position is located in the State of Texas. Preference will be given to candidates located in Austin, Dallas & San Antonio.
ZERO provides excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, and life insurance.
Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include Texas Chapter Director in the subject line.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer (https://zerocancer.org) is the nation’s leading prostate cancer nonprofit with a mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy. As a recipient of the Nonprofit Time’s Best Nonprofits to Work For award, ZERO believes that top performers deserve top benefits. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, flexible hours, comprehensive health care, matching retirement funds, flexible spending accounts, and a casual work environment.