ZERO’s mission is to end prostate cancer and the pain and suffering it causes by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to men and their families. ZERO is a 501(c)(3) charity and 86 cents of every dollar raised goes to programs and initiatives.
ZERO is seeking a motivated self-starter to grow a three-year-old chapter in the South Atlantic region (NC, SC, GA), with the goal of continuing to grow the local presence of ZERO by amplifying ZERO’s programs, drawing supporters to the cause, and raising funds to advance the organization’s mission. This role will report to the National Director of Chapters.
The South Atlantic Chapter Director will build upon the previous chapter growth to develop and implement strategies for recruiting new corporate and medical sponsors for the Run/Walk and other non-event initiatives; steward strong volunteers; manage relationships with existing ZERO Champions and support ZERO’s fundraising programs including the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk events and Grow & Give campaign; and promote local education and awareness initiatives. The Chapter Director will serve as the liaison for all ZERO events in their region.
As ZERO grows its chapter presence nationwide, the South Atlantic Chapter Director will work in close collaboration with the National Director of Chapters and ZERO national staff to evaluate volunteer needs, create best practices around volunteer management and retention, and identify areas for growth.
Serve as the regional face of the organization and the main ZERO contact in the South Atlantic region including North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia to grow brand recognition and revenue streams.
- Support five run/walk events in your territory in 2020
- Staff partner to existing host partners and/or committees to implement and coordinate all aspects of the event.
- Manage peer-to-peer fundraising for all five events including retention of past team captains, recruitment of new teams, and fundraising individuals.
- Develop strategies to attract new corporate partnerships.
- Ensure race director (volunteer), event management company (hired vendor), and committee are communicating regularly amongst themselves and you as their staff partner.
- Work with race director and event management company on logistical items ensuring contracts are signed, permits and insurance is secured and expenses submitted in a timely fashion.
- Look for opportunities to add run/walk events in your territory in 2021 and beyond.
- Work with National to establish and implement planning timelines, income goals, expense budget, and participant recruitment strategies.
- Continue to feed the volunteer pipeline for local event committee members, future ZERO Champions and other needs like local community engagement opportunities.
- Work to maintain and steward relationships with existing ZERO Champions.
- Make presentations to businesses, organizations, and community groups to recruit Run/Walk teams, volunteers, and supporters. Manage accounts on a year-round basis.
- Manage your chapters Grow & Give teams and fundraisers.
- Become an expert on prostate cancer resources and urology practices in the region.
- Cultivate relationships with key ZERO partners in the medical community including prostate cancer case managers / navigators to ensure a growing pipeline of patient referrals.
- Create a ZERO presence at wellness fairs, health fairs, and corporate speaking engagements, utilizing volunteer base in key target areas.
- Serve as the ZERO representative at all regional events including run/walks, endurance events, fundraising campaigns, wellness fairs, and other special events.
- Support all other local third party / DIY fundraising events.
- Manage and cultivate a small list of major donors.
- Utilize Raisers Edge to track all donor and volunteer engagement.
- Proven success in fundraising with local corporations and peer-to-peer
- Bachelor’s degree
- An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness and support for prostate cancer
- Eight or more years of professional experience in empowering individuals to fundraise and/or volunteer
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate individuals to achieve fundraising goals
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships
- Initiative and independence, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent and well demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects
- The energy and drive and experience in creating and growing a regional chapter
- Ability to travel weekly throughout the region
- Ability to travel 5+ weekends per year
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All applicants MUST live within the geographic location of Charlotte or Raleigh. This is a home-based position with preference given to those located in the Charlotte or Raleigh areas.
Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include South Atlantic Chapter Director in the subject line.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer (https://zerocancer.org) is the nation’s leading prostate cancer nonprofit with a mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy. As a recipient of the Nonprofit Time’s Best Nonprofits to Work For award, ZERO believes that top performers deserve top benefits. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, flexible hours, comprehensive health care, matching retirement funds, flexible spending accounts, and a casual work environment.