ZERO is seeking a skilled Raiser’s Edge/NXT database professional to be an integral member of the Fundraising & Development Team. This position can be performed remotely from a home office and reports to the Director of Donor Relations supporting the overall fundraising and data management efforts of the organization.
The ideal candidate will understand the relationship between data capturing accuracy and donor/fundraiser relationship building, the importance of data collection best practices, and will be capable of communicating aptly with teammates to ensure correct usage of Raiser’s Edge and maximizing its functionalities.
It would be advantageous if the candidate has some knowledge of the Blackbaud product Luminate Online, – which ZERO uses for our events and peer-to-peer fundraising, as well as gift uploading. ZERO is willing to train the right candidate on this system if necessary.
ZERO offers a competitive salary, based on experience, and excellent benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance, flex-time, remote working environment, technology and tools to ensure candidate’s success in the role, and a 403(b) retirement package.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as an integral member of the Fundraising & Development Team to strategically advance ZERO’s fundraising efforts through the effective use and maintenance of the database.
- Perform and/or manage daily gift entry and acknowledgement letter processes.
- Ensure that data is captured and recorded in a timely manner and is accurately recorded
- Ensure the accurate flow and capture of data from Luminate Online to Raiser’s Edge and NXT.
- Generate reports for various projects including direct mail appeals and donor segmentation.
- Use quantitative analysis tools to assemble, analyze, and draw conclusions from data to point development team towards strongest giving targets.
- Lead the ZERO staff in full utilization of Raiser’s Edge/NXT by providing database training and support both informally and formally including designing development queries, and staff fundraiser dashboards.
- Document and maintain procedures, workflows, processes, and complex functions.
- Stay at the forefront of best practices and procedures for database management and development services.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess the Following:
- Three to five years or more years of experience with managing Raiser’s Edge, NXT, and Luminate Online fundraising databases.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to put in to words the who, where, what, when, why of data best practices and be able to communicate with various departments across the organization.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to perform complex work carefully, accurately, and on time.
- Ability to be a humble, hungry, and people smart team member.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies rapidly and with enthusiasm.
- A friendly, flexible, and open demeanor and genuine eagerness for providing support and training.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Experience working in a fast-paced non-profit organization.
This is an immediate hire position. Please send your resume along with a cover letter that highlights what attracts you to the position, your top three strengths or skills that align with the position’s needs, and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Shawn K. Supers, Director of Donor Relations.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is located in Alexandria, Virginia (Open to Remote Work)