ZERO is recruiting a Patient Education and Programs Manager with a motivation and ability to improve the lives of patients and their families.
ZERO’s mission is to end prostate cancer and the pain and suffering it causes by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to men and their families. ZERO is a 501(c)(3) charity and 84 cents of every dollar raised goes to programs and initiatives.
The Patient Education and Programs Manager is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of ZERO’s patient support programs and the creation and maintenance of educational content.
- Manage the operations and growth of ZERO’s patient support programs including ZERO case management, transportation support, peer-to-peer mentoring, non-medical financial support, awareness activities (e.g. toolkits) and educational content (e.g. webinars).
- Manage relationships with ZERO’s partners that provide support for all patient-centric services including transportation and patient navigation
- Collaborate with our communications team to develop, maintain, and enhance easily understood and compelling education content across all ZERO’s platforms including the website, printed material, and webinars, as well as electronic and social media
- Maintain our webpage of free prostate cancer screening locations
- Identify appropriate prostate cancer news content for population on our website
- Moderate and identify patient needs discussed in our ZEROConnect Facebook support group
- Develop expertise regarding prostate cancer and its prevention, diagnosis, clinical treatment, and side effects in order to triage patient calls to helpful resources
- Support grant funding opportunities by writing program descriptions and providing up-to-date program metrics
- Assist the with the development of the educational programming for ZERO’s Annual Advocacy Summit
- The ideal candidate possesses these three attributes: Humble, Hungry, and Smart
- Humble: Admits mistakes, shares credit, acknowledges weaknesses, offers and accepts apologies graciously
- Hungry: ambitious, passionate, accountable, motivated, entrepreneurial
- Smart: Emotionally intelligent, empathetic, personable, attentive listener, self-aware
- A desire to provide measurable improvement to prostate cancer patients and their families
- Impeccable writing, editing, and presentation skills with the ability understand complex ideas and clearly communicate for staff, patients, caretakers and sponsors
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for health program interventions
- Organizational skills to ensure programs run smoothly and educational content is delivered on time
Candidates are invited to send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include “Education and Patient Programs Manager” in the subject line.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer (https://zerocancer.org) is the nation’s leading prostate cancer nonprofit with a mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy. As a recipient of the Nonprofit Time’s Best Nonprofits to Work For award, ZERO believes that top performers deserve top benefits. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, flexible hours, comprehensive health care, matching retirement funds, flexible spending accounts, and a casual work environment.