Are you a proud Midwesterner? Are you interested in the day-to-day management of one of the highest performing chapters of a national nonprofit? Does being a key player behind the scenes excite you? Are you passionate about staying organized and helping others? Then you might be a perfect fit for the role of Part-Time Event & Fundraising Specialist for ZERO’s Midwest Chapter!
ZERO is seeking an organized and enthusiastic nonprofit professional with strong customer service, logistics, and fundraising skills to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced and energetic environment with a positive attitude. This individual should be comfortable working autonomously and must excel at managing multiple tasks and executing them accurately, quickly, and efficiently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and executing all aspects of two separate Run/Walk events within ZERO’s Midwest Chapter:
- Develop and execute volunteer plans for pre-race and race day needs. Must be able to recruit, assign, manage, organize, train, and communicate with volunteers
- Recruit, engage, and communicate with race teams and participants
- Meet revenue goals for event through sponsorship and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Work with event management company on race logistics
- Promotion of event in local communities
- Request, secure, and manage in-kind donations
- Work alongside event partners to engage and assist them through their fundraising and promotional efforts within staff and patients
- Attend in-person events as the representative of ZERO, while executing race day run-of-show
- Answering phone calls and emails from Run/Walk participants to troubleshoot registration issues
- Other Responsibilities:
- Navigate within Luminate and Raiser’s Edge databases for reports and constituent information
- Assist in prospecting for annual Grow & Give fundraising and awareness campaign
- Other tasks as assigned
- Possess ZERO’s three employee virtues — humble, hungry, and smart
- Event planning and fundraising experience
- Experience in mobilizing and motivating individuals to achieve fundraising and recruitment goals
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships
- Must be comfortable talking on the phone and occasionally cold calling
- Excellent and well demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects
- The energy and drive to build a national movement on a local or regional level
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and time management skills
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Proficient with Google Suite and/or Microsoft programs
- Familiar with Raiser’s Edge and Luminate
- Spanish language capabilities are also a plus
This is a part-time, six month assignment that is remote based anywhere in the continental United States. Preference will be given to residents of Nebraska, Minnesota, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas, and Illinois. This role offers a flexible work schedule of 20-30 hours per week and can be performed remotely.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, and all those affected by prostate cancer to apply. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org with “Event & Fundraising Specialist – Midwest” in the subject line. In sending your materials, please also include the job site that referred you to this position in your cover letter.