ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a local non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Operations Team as an Operations Intern. Although this is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, you will gain a tremendous amount of hands-on business operational experience, including exposure to the nonprofit sector’s leading database software, Raisers Edge, in this role.
Mail and shipment processing (assisting with mass mailing projects, acknowledgement letters, etc.)
- Copy incoming donation checks for organizational records
- Office supply inventory support
- Customer service phone support
- Check PO Boxes
- Data entry into our databases Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online.
- Able to volunteer a minimum of 15-20 hours/week. Days/hours are extremely flexible, but the right candidate must be reliable.
- Professional demeanor
- Track record of reliability
- Interest in obtaining in-office experience with a nonprofit organization
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. We are very flexible with scheduling. ZERO’s main office is located in Old Town Alexandria and is accessible by metro (King Street station). ZERO staff and interns enjoy a casual work environment, and while this position is unpaid, we will provide a transportation stipend.