ZERO is seeking an enthusiastic administrative professional with a strong sense of initiative and excellent organization skills to join our team as an Operations Assistant. The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced, energetic environment with a positive attitude and strong time-management skills. This individual should be comfortable working autonomously and must excel at managing multiple tasks and execute them quickly and efficiently.
The Operations Assistant responsibilities include general administrative duties such as:
- Responding to telephone and email inquiries
- Mail and shipment processing
- Vendor invoice management
- Office space organization and management
- Office supplies management
- Flexible, adaptable, and enthusiastic work ethic
- Excellent typing skills – 50+ words per minute (WPM) required
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Bachelors degree – we are open to hiring a recent college graduate
- This is a full-time position with the required work schedule set to 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Strong familiarity with computer software and hardware
- Prior database management experience
- Close proximity to Old Town Alexandria
Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include Operations Assistant in the subject line.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is the nation’s leading prostate cancer nonprofit with a mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy. As a recipient of the Nonprofit Time’s Best Nonprofits to Work For award, ZERO believes that top performers deserve top benefits. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, flexible hours, comprehensive health care, matching retirement funds, flexible spending accounts, and a casual work environment.