ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is seeking a motivated, dedicated individual to assist our Oklahoma Chapter Director with developing and advancing chapter growth within our National Run/Walk Program. This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking real-life fundraising, development, and events experience in the non-profit sector. Though the internship is unpaid, the intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
There is nothing more important than you and your family’s safety and well-being. Like many institutions and organizations across the country, ZERO implemented a work from home policy beginning on March 12, 2020, and continuing until further notice. We have been monitoring the COVID-19 issue with great scrutiny and we believe that this is the best course of action for ZERO and ZERO staff.
As for the ZERO Internship Program, we want to assure you that your educational experience at ZERO is still important to us.
- Peer-2-Peer: Support participant recruitment and retention efforts and empower participants to meet and exceed their fundraising goals
- Identify, research, and solicit local businesses for sponsorships
- Answering and making phone calls and emails to/from participants to encourage fundraising.
- Solicit In-Kind Donations (gift certificates, food, entertainment, etc.)
- Assistance in planning onsite event logistics (run of shows, vendor and volunteer coordination, etc.)
- Light accounting and report analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and passion for non-profit event management & development
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology (knowledge of Luminate online and Raiser’s Edge is a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Must be comfortable talking on the phone
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
How to Apply
Interested students should email their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Oklahoma Chapter Intern” in the subject line.