ZERO- The End of Prostate Cancer is seeking a motivated, dedicated individual to assist our Mid-Atlantic Chapter Director with developing and advancing chapter growth within our National Run/Walk Program. This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking real-life fundraising, development, and events experience in the non-profit sector. The intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
- Peer-2-Peer: Support participant recruitment and retention efforts and empower participants to meet and exceed their fundraising goals
- Identify, research, and solicit local businesses for sponsorships
- Answering and making phone calls and emails to/from participants to encourage fundraising.
- Solicit In-Kind Donations (gift certificates, food, entertainment, etc)
- Complete grant and sponsorship applications
- Some event logistics (run of shows, vendor and volunteer coordination, etc.)
- Light accounting and report analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and passion for non-profit event management & development
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology (knowledge of Luminate online and Raiser’s Edge is a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Must be comfortable talking on the phone
- Enthusiastic and self motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Hour Commitment: 20 hours/week (flexible schedule) for the Fall 2019 semester. Will consider telecommuting or a combination of the two. $10/hour
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Caitlin Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mid-Atlantic Chapter Assistant” in the subject line.