ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is seeking a motivated, dedicated individual to assist our Mid-Atlantic Chapter Director with developing and advancing chapter growth within our National Run/Walk Program. This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking real-life fundraising, development, and events experience in the non-profit sector. The intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
- Peer-2-Peer: Support participant recruitment and retention efforts and empower participants to meet and exceed their fundraising goals
- Identify, research, and solicit local businesses for sponsorships
- Answering and making phone calls and emails to/from participants to encourage fundraising.
- Solicit In-Kind Donations (gift certificates, food, entertainment, etc.)
- Assistance in planning onsite event logistics (run of shows, vendor and volunteer coordination, etc.)
- Light accounting and report analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and passion for non-profit event management & development
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology (knowledge of Luminate online and Raiser’s Edge is a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Must be comfortable talking on the phone
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Schedule, Location, etc.:
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday (we are very flexible with scheduling).
ZERO’s main office is located in Old Town Alexandria and is accessible by metro (King Street station). ZERO staff and interns enjoy a casual work environment, and while this position is unpaid, we will provide a transportation stipend.
How to Apply
Interested students should email their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Mid-Atlantic Chapter Intern” in the subject line.