Full-Time ∙ Exempt-Salaried ∙ Remote
Looking for a rewarding career to make meaningful change? For more than 25 years, ZERO has been a powerful force fighting for a cure and providing critical support to patients and families. As the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer, ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. Recognized seven consecutive years as Best Nonprofits to Work For by the NonProfit Times, it is clear we make supporting our team a top priority. Our commitment to providing an award-winning culture that fosters growth, camaraderie, and diversity is unwavering. ZERO’s high responsibility and high freedom philosophy helps team members excel professionally and thrive personally while making a life-saving difference for those impacted by this devastating disease. Working at ZERO means more than a job, it means being part of an incredible community of people that inspires each other every day.
The ZERO Chapter Program is building a nationwide network of dynamic chapter communities that excel at fueling ZERO’s economic engine while amplifying the patient’s voice and executing ZERO’s programs and initiatives toward reducing the pain and suffering and ultimately ending prostate cancer. The Manager, Mid-Atlantic Development supports the Mid-Atlantic Chapter’s relationship portfolio and revenue goals and plays a leadership role in driving fundraising, sponsorship, and event management of the Mid-Atlantic Run/Walk events as part of ZERO’s National Run/Walk Series. Reporting to the Regional Director, Eastern Chapters, the Manager, Mid-Atlantic Development will concentrate on developing relationships within their event portfolio to support the chapter’s goals which include increasing the number of future champions, corporate engagement opportunities, campaign engagement, and fundraising.
ZERO strives to empower our team through three key values which are being humble, hungry, and smart. Our team members demonstrate they are humble by working together and defining success collectively. They are hungry to advance our mission, while going above and beyond. In addition, they are emotionally smart by understanding how their actions impact others.
- Manages the annual D.C., Harrisburg, Lehigh Valley, and Hampton Roads ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk events.
- Executes strategies to achieve sponsorship, peer-to-peer fundraising, and year-round stewardship goals.
- Engages to retain, recruit, and manage event sponsors, local contacts, and teams for all ZERO events.
- Builds relationships to steward sponsors and deepen their engagement in the cause through team formation and ZERO event participation.
- Partners with medical practices, where applicable, on internal fundraising efforts, team recruitment, sponsorships, and to promote Run/Walk events year round.
- Monitors the performance of fundraisers and fundraising teams to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, recognize fundraisers, encourage competition, and to spark new ideas to deepen fundraising results.
- Leads existing volunteer committees and builds new volunteer groups to assist with the production and fundraising of each Run/Walk event.
- Manages the event management company(s) for event planning and day-of logistics.
- Responsible for engaging and distributing marketing materials digitally and throughout local communities to bring awareness to events.
- Partners with race director(s) and/or committee support to develop in-kind media partnerships with local area radio and print publications, as well as to secure in-kind donations and volunteer recruitment efforts.
- Assists with organizing and recruiting for ZERO’s premier volunteer initiative – our Champions Program.
- Supports nationally-branded ZERO campaigns with activities in the Mid-Atlantic Chapter including engaging donors, volunteers, and recruiting for Grow and Give.
- An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness and support for prostate cancer.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate individuals to achieve fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships.
- The ability to take initiative and work independently, combined with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent and well-demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects.
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and Blackbaud products.
- The energy, drive, and experience in creating and growing fundraising events and volunteer leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Demonstrated communication and marketing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience in empowering individuals to fundraise through peer-to-peer style events.
- Prior experience with run or walk event management.
- Constant use of a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as computer printer, calculator, and copier.
- Prolonged periods of a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- The ability to recognize details at close range for extended periods of time.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently moves boxes and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds at events such as Run/Walks.
- Frequent movement across multiple different terrains/surfaces while outdoors at Run/Walks.
One of many reasons to join the ZERO team is because we offer great benefits!
- Unlimited PTO
- 403(b) retirement plan matching
- Employer paid benefits include: Medical, Dental, Short-Term Disability, & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Vision insurance
This role will report directly to the Regional Director, Eastern Chapters to ensure the success of each Run/Walk event in addition to meeting partnership and fundraising goals.
This position is based remotely and candidates should live in the Mid-Atlantic area. However, preference will be given to those who live within the greater D.C. metro, Harrisburg, Lehigh Valley, or Hampton Roads areas. While travel is currently limited due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this position will eventually require nationwide travel approximately 20% of the time.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, individuals with Disabilities, and those affected by prostate cancer to apply. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to LaTondria Carter, Director, Human Resources at 202-935-5938 or email@example.com.
For further consideration, email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Mid-Atlantic Development” as the subject line. To learn more about ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, visit zerocancer.org.