ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a local non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Operations Team and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Committee as a Human Resources and Diversity Intern. Although this is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, you will gain a tremendous amount of hands-on human resources and operations experience. The intern will attend Operations Team and D&I Committee meetings to present their ideas and strategies throughout the internship.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
There is nothing more important than you and your family’s safety and well-being. Like many institutions and organizations across the country, ZERO implemented a work from home policy beginning in March, which will continue until further notice.
Intern responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Create and Manage Celebration Calendar:
- Research and identify key diversity-centric celebration dates/months
- Create a strategy to educate and involve staff these celebrations
- Present ideas and strategy to D&I Committee
- Diversity-related Educational Materials:
- Create and curate educational materials for staff
- Organize events for internal staff to engage with educational materials
- Present ideas to D&I Committee
- Intern/Volunteer Program Support:
- Create Welcome Manual for incoming volunteers and interns
- Develop onboarding and offboarding checklists
- Other duties as assigned
- Working toward a degree in human resources, business, ethnic studies, or another related field
- Experience in human resources and/or customer service (internship or otherwise) is a plus
- While this is a remote position, preference will be given to those who reside in the D.C. metro area
Awarded five consecutive years as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For, ZERO is dedicated to providing a culture that fosters diversity, professional growth, and camaraderie. We are a 501(c)(3) charity recognized with four stars by Charity Navigator and 85 cents of every dollar goes to programs and initiatives.
To apply for this internship please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “HR/Diversity Internship.”