ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a local non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO directs a national run/walk series to raise money for prostate cancer research and patient support programs. We are currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Events Team during our spring run/walk season.
- Supporting volunteer recruitment and retention efforts
- Updating and creating event and volunteer materials as needed
- Assisting in recruiting and training event volunteers
- Assisting with pre-event volunteer coordination
- Answering phone calls and emails from participants
- Soliciting in-kind donations (gift certificates, food, etc.)
- Hanging posters & placing lawn signs for local events as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. We are very flexible with scheduling. ZERO’s main office is located in Old Town Alexandria and is accessible by metro (King Street station). ZERO staff and interns enjoy a casual work environment, and while this position is unpaid, we will provide a transportation stipend. The internship period begins immediately and ends either with the spring semester or at the end of the summer.
To apply for this position, interested students should email their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Events Intern” in the subject line.