ZERO is seeking a detail oriented, tech-savvy events professional with a strong sense of initiative and excellent organization skills for the Events Assistant position based in Old Town – Alexandria, VA. The ideal candidate will be a proven team player able to work successfully in a fast-paced, energetic environment with a positive attitude and impeccable time-management skills. This individual should be comfortable working autonomously and must excel at managing multiple tasks and execute them quickly, efficiently, and meticulously.
The Event Assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides logistical & administrative support to the national Run/Walk Series
- Answers phone calls and emails from Run/Walk participants and fundraisers providing superb customer service to the Series
- Solicits in-kind product donations and volunteer support
- Administrative support to the Vice President, Events
- The ideal candidate possesses these three attributes: Humble, Hungry, and Smart
- Humble: Admits mistakes, shares credit, acknowledges weaknesses, offers and accepts apologies graciously
- Hungry: ambitious, passionate, accountable, motivated, entrepreneurial
- Smart: Emotionally intelligent, empathetic, personable, attentive listener, self-aware
- Minimum 6 months to 2 years non-profit or event experience (summer internships count)
- Experience utilizing Luminate Online (TeamRaiser) and Raisers Edge preferred
- Four-year college degree
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Must have excellent communications skills especially phone and email
This position reports to the Events Manager.
ZERO provides excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, and life insurance and a casual dress work environment. Metro accessible.
Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include Events Assistant in the subject line.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is the nation’s leading prostate cancer nonprofit with a mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy. As a recipient of the Nonprofit Time’s Best Nonprofits to Work For award, ZERO believes that top performers deserve top benefits. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, flexible hours, comprehensive health care, matching retirement funds, flexible spending accounts, and a casual work environment.