ZERO is seeking an awesome fundraising and development coordinator who is passionate to help men and families in the fight to end prostate cancer by inspiring and supporting volunteers and Champions to fundraise or donate to fuel our programs. The Donor Relations Coordinator will be detail oriented, tech-savvy and have a strong sense of initiative and excellent organization skills for this position based in our Old Town – Alexandria, VA office. This position reports to the Director of Donor Relations and will provide overall assistance to the Development team in our “Show the Love” efforts and increasing revenue. The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced, energetic environment with a positive attitude and impeccable time-management skills. This individual should be comfortable working autonomously as well as with volunteers and teammates and must excel at managing multiple tasks and execute them quickly, efficiently, and meticulously.
The Donor Relations Coordinator responsibilities
- Manage gift acknowledgement process including gifts to donors
- Manage direct mail projects including vendor and customization of appeals
- Reporting and analysis of donor segments via Raiser’s Edge database
- Assist with donor cultivation via phone, email and mail
- Manage Facebook fundraisers and reporting
- Support do-it-yourself fundraisers and reporting
- Support development of ZERO Champions program
- Assist with workplace giving and applications
- Support volunteer committees hosting Tee-Off to End Prostate Cancer events
- Recruit, coach and support Grow & Give teams
- Presenting/Speaking at Education Engagements
Some travel may be required.
- Minimum 1-3 years non-profit fundraising and/or related customer service experience
- Excellent Communication skills via phone, email and in-person interactions
- Experience utilizing databases particularly Raisers Edge and Luminate Online
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
This position reports to the Director of Donor Relations.
ZERO provides excellent benefits including employer paid health, dental, and life insurance and a casual dress work environment. Possibility of working remotely a couple of days a week. Metro accessible.
Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include Donor Relations Coordinator in the subject line.
ZERO — The End of Prostate Cancer, http://www.zerocancer.org is the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. We’re building Generation ZERO, the first generation of men free from prostate cancer, through our national run/walk series, education and patient support programs, and grassroots advocacy.