Are you an experienced copywriter who turns creative vision into stories that inspire emotion, empathy, and action? A project leader with a proven track record for establishing timelines, managing expectations, and delivering stellar work products on schedule.
ZERO is seeking a creative and results-oriented Donor Communications Manager who will help us engage and grow our donor community, and play a critical role in making ZERO a household name. This position requires 4-plus years of non-profit experience in a similar role, is open to remote work, and reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
- From message development through the final design process, the successful candidate will manage ZERO’s offline and online donor communications portfolio, tailor messages across multiple audience segments to increase new donors, and improve donor retention and recurring donations
- Write and edit copy that drives year-round fundraising across multiple, concurrent campaigns
- Create content for acquisition and cultivation emails, donor impact reports, annual reports, direct mail pieces, surveys, videos, donation landing pages, social media posts, and other donor-related deliverables
- Manage the collection and development of stories from the prostate cancer community
- Serve as the lead writer for all peer-to-peer fundraising communication including Run/Walk, Endurance, Golf Tee-Offs, and other programs
- Collaborate with development staff to ensure we are providing a consistent donor experience and communicating in a unified voice
- Develop a style guide to reinforce the donor/fundraiser voice to be used organization-wide
- Report on and develop insights from the results of fundraising campaigns, cultivation efforts, and A/B testing
- Create and implement new communications, thoughtful touchpoints, campaigns, and other ways to help acquire and retain donors
- Monitor performance of donor communication programs including monthly donors, welcome series, thank you messages, and other touchpoints
- Create messaging to support donor cultivation events, peer-to-peer fundraising participants, and phone-a-thons as needed
- Create and manage calendar for all donor communication to target segments in collaboration with other teams
- Manage graphic resources and work with graphic artists to scope new assets and execute on donor-related portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of four years writing and creating donor and fundraising campaigns in the nonprofit space
- Superior writing, editing, and oral communications skills, with a demonstrated capacity for compelling storytelling utilizing a warm, conversational tone
- Proven record of successfully increasing donor recruitment, engagement, and retention
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline- and detail-oriented environment and adjusts easily to competing and ever-changing priorities
- A collaborative approach with in-office and remote colleagues
- Experience using Blackbaud products including Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online is a plus
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer (zerocancer.org), the nation’s leading prostate cancer nonprofit and one of NonProfit Times’ Best Charities to Work For. ZERO’s mission is to end prostate cancer by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to men and their families through our patient-centric programs. ZERO is an accredited Better Business Bureau member and 86 cents of every dollar donated goes to programs and initiatives.
ZERO employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, comprehensive health care, matching retirement funds, flexible spending accounts, and a casual work environment.
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include 1-2 donor/fundraising writing samples or a link to your portfolio with your application and include “Donor Communications Manager” in the subject line.