Does good UX make you happy? Do you enjoy staying up-to-date with nonprofit technology trends and leading cutting-edge advances? ZERO is looking for a dynamic and passionate Director of Web Development to help lead the organization through its next phase of technological innovation.
This new role will be responsible for driving the growth and enhancement of ZERO’s websites, e-marketing, and the technology platforms that host fundraising, events, programs, and advocacy technologies. In addition, this role will help lead and implement organization-wide data management and security best practices and policies. Along with the required technical knowledge, a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, work collaboratively across teams, and bridge technology with non-technical staff is critical.
- Support, lead, and scale the technology roadmap for cross-departmental needs including Development, Peer-to-Peer fundraising, Events, Marketing, Programs, and Advocacy.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for all digital solutions, gathering requirements, setting expectations, and managing timeframes, project plans, resources, and deliverables.
- Oversee annual e-marketing campaign development, calendar, and efficacy.
- Lead digital advertising strategy and campaigns.
- Proactively identify, evaluate, implement, and maximize new and existing technologies to grow the organization in both people and money.
- Manage and enhance ZERO’s website and other website properties to optimize the user experience and significantly increase engagement and acquisition.
- Lead ZERO’s SEO strategy and maximize other digital acquisition opportunities.
- Co-chair a cross-functional data team to create, implement, and maintain data processes across the organization.
- Develop technical solutions and best practices and code in coordination with teammates to complete projects and meet deadlines as needed.
- Oversee all managerial aspects of running the web development team including one full-time software engineer, independent contractors, and vendors.
- Manage technical budget and contracts, and provide financial projections as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of nonprofit technology landscape trends and developments.
- Provide regular return on investment data and KPI metric reports.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A proven track record of web design, development, and maintenance for complex digital platforms
- Experience defining and managing software processes and policies, including technical project management, testing, and deployment systems
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and implement web/ digital development projects within budget and deadline
- Strategic and business skills along with strong technical skills
- Minimum five years managing web development and data projects and teams, ideally in a nonprofit or campaign setting
- Experience recruiting and hiring technical staff
- Energetic, mature, and ability to lead and while serving as a unifying force to solve problems at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues outside of the tech team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A consistent team player with the ability to be effective in an organization whose staff works remotely.
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities
This role will report up through the SVP of Marketing & Communications. Interested applicants should email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to HR@zerocancer.org, while listing “Director, Web Development” in the subject line. This is a full-time salaried position with a competitive array of benefits.