DIRECTOR, SOUTH ATLANTIC CHAPTER
Are you passionate about prostate cancer and live in the Southeast? Are you a motivated self-starter who loves making connections and building powerful relationships? Do you like building from the ground up? Then you might be the ideal fit for the brand new role of South Atlantic Chapter Director at ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer.
ZERO is seeking an experienced stewardship and fundraising professional to launch a new chapter for the South Atlantic region that will serve prostate cancer patients, caregivers, and survivors in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. The Chapter Director will grow the local presence of ZERO, amplify ZERO’s patient support programs, draw supporters to the cause, and raise funds to advance the organization’s mission. This role will report to the National Director, Chapter Program.
The Director, South Atlantic Chapter will build upon existing events and relationships within the territory to develop and implement strategies for recruiting new corporate and medical partners for the area’s Run/Walks. Additionally, this role will implement fundraising strategies for various non-event initiatives; engage strong volunteers; manage relationships with existing ZERO Champions and promote local education and awareness initiatives. The role will serve as the liaison for all ZERO events, as well as program and advocacy-related activities in their region.
As ZERO grows its chapter presence nationwide, the Director, South Atlantic Chapter will work in close collaboration with the National Director, other chapters, and ZERO staff to meet organizational goals, align efforts, elevate community stories, and create best practices around volunteer management and retention.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the regional face of the organization and the main ZERO contact in the South Atlantic region including North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia to grow brand recognition and revenue streams.
- Support five Run/Walk events in your territory
- Partner with existing host partners and/or committees to implement and coordinate all aspects of the event.
- Manage peer-to-peer fundraising for all five events including retention of past team captains, recruitment of new teams, and fundraising individuals.
- Develop strategies to attract new corporate sponsors and partnerships.
- Responsible for meeting fundraising goals.
- Work with the race director and event management company on logistical items ensuring contracts are signed, permits and insurance is secured and expenses submitted in a timely fashion.
- Identify opportunities to add new Run/Walk events in your territory for 2022 and beyond.
- Establish and implement strategic planning timelines, income goals, expense budget, and Chapter recruitment strategies.
- Contribute to acquisition goals by identifying volunteers, volunteers, ZERO Champions, and other engaged community members.
- Work to maintain and steward relationships with existing ZERO Champions.
- Promote ZERO to local businesses, organizations, and community groups to funnel new leads to events, program, advocacy, and/or educational opportunities.
- Manage Grow & Give and other non-event fundraisers.
- Become an expert on prostate cancer resources, statistical rates, and urology practices in the region.
- Cultivate relationships with key ZERO partners in the medical community including local prostate cancer case managers to ensure a growing pipeline of patient referrals.
- Create a ZERO presence at wellness fairs, health fairs, and speaking engagements.
- Serve as the ZERO representative at all regional events including Run/Walks, endurance events, fundraising campaigns, wellness fairs, and more.
- Manage and cultivate major donors.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track all donor and volunteer engagement.
- 5+ years of proven success in nonprofit and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent nonprofit or campaign experience
- An unparalleled passion for raising awareness and support for prostate cancer
- Capability in mobilizing and motivating individuals to achieve fundraising goals
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships with individuals or entities
- Driven by a proactive and independent nature, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent project- and time-management skills
- Experience in growing a regional chapter
- Once COVID-19 travel restrictions have lessened, the ability to travel weekly throughout the region to build relationships.
- Ability to travel outside the region for multi-day and weekend events and training as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a remote position that will require travel once it is safe to do so. Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary range expectation to HR@zerocancer.org. Please include South Atlantic Chapter Director in the subject line, and include how you learned of the role in your cover letter.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, and all those affected by prostate cancer to apply. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.