ZERO is seeking a motivated self-starter to grow a 3-year old chapter in Northern California region, with the goal to continue growing the local presence of ZERO by localizing ZERO programs, drawing supporters to the cause, and raising funds to advance the organization’s mission.
The Northern California Chapter Director will build upon the previous chapter director’s growth to develop and implement strategies for recruiting new corporate and medical sponsors for the Run/Walk and other non-event initiatives. Steward strong volunteers to grow within the organization, manage relationships with existing ZERO champions and support ZERO’s fundraising programs including the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk and Grow & Give program, while promoting local education and awareness initiatives. S/he will serve as the liaison for all ZERO events in their region.
As ZERO grows its chapter presence nationwide, the Northern California Chapter Director will work in close collaboration with the National Director of Chapters and ZERO national staff to evaluate volunteer needs, create best practices around volunteer management and retention, and identify areas for growth.
Mission Funding Responsibilities:
- Serve as the face of the organization and the main ZERO contact in Northern California to grow brand recognition and revenue streams.
- Support 4 run/walk events in your territory in 2020
- Staff partner to existing host partners and/or committees to implement and coordinate all aspects of the event.
- Manage peer to peer fundraising for all 4 event including retention of past team captains, recruitment of new teams and fundraising individuals.
- Develop strategies to attract new corporate partnerships.
- Ensure race director (volunteer), event management company (hired vendor) and committee are communicating regularly amongst themselves and you as their staff partner.
- Work with race director and event management company on logistical items ensuring contracts are signed, permits and insurance is secured and expenses submitted in a timely fashion.
- Look for opportunities to add run/walk events in your territory in 2021 and beyond.
- Work with National to establish and implement planning timelines, income goals, expense budget, and participant recruitment strategies.
- Continue to feed the volunteer pipeline for local event committee members, future
- ZERO champions and other needs like local community engagement opportunities.
- Work to maintain and steward relationships with existing ZERO champions.
- Make presentations to businesses, organizations, and community groups to recruit team of walkers, and manage accounts on a year-round basis.
- Manage your chapters Grow & Give teams and fundraisers.
- Become an expert on prostate cancer resources in the region.
- Cultivate relationships with key ZERO partners in the medical community including prostate cancer case managers / navigators to ensure a growing pipeline of patient referrals.
- Create a ZERO presence at wellness fairs, health fairs, and corporate speaking engagements, utilizing volunteer base in key target areas.
- Serve as the ZERO representative at all regional events including run/walks, endurance events, fundraising campaigns, wellness fairs, and other special events.
- Support all other local third party / DIY fundraising events.
- Manage and cultivate a small list of major donors.
- Utilize Raisers Edge to track all engagement.
- Proven success in fundraising with local corporations and peer-to-peer
- Bachelor’s degree
- An unparalleled commitment to raising awareness and support for prostate cancer
- Eight or more years of professional experience in empowering individuals to volunteer
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize and motivate individuals to achieve fundraising goals
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for growth in relationships
- Initiative and independence, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent and well demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects
- The energy and drive and experience in creating and growing a regionals chapter
- Ability to travel weekly throughout the region
- Ability to travel 5+ weekends per year
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position will report to the National Director of Chapters. This is a home based position with preference given to those located in the San Francisco Bay area, within driving distance to SF, Napa, Sacramento and Walnut Creek.
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Northern California Chapter Director” in the subject line.