Are you obsessed with staying organized? Do you respond to calls and emails right away? Are spreadsheets your thing? Do you pride yourself on the relationships you build? If you’re looking for a role to highlight and grow your organizational skills while making a difference for men and families, then consider applying to the role of Development Assistant at ZERO!
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is the leading national nonprofit in the fight against prostate cancer. ZERO advances research, improves the lives of men and families, and inspires action. By joining our team, YOU can help make an awesome difference for patients in need!
ZERO is seeking a professional, detail-oriented, highly organized, adaptable, time-management-oriented, friendly and intuitive individual to serve as the Partnerships Assistant. Responsibilities include managing day-to-day sponsor and partner activities, content coordination, meeting strategy, and more:
- Coordinate all national sponsorship, partnership, and foundation activity including:
- Produce, process and track funding proposals, and impact reports
- Organize partnership project timelines, deliverables, and impact reports
- Serve as a content coordinator for deliverables and their output
- Process invoices, contracts, and other requested documentation
- Coordinate regular partnership meetings and follow-ups:
- Track meeting notes utilizing tools such as Raiser’s Edge, Slack, and Google Drive
- Manage the partnerships calendar and related sponsor-deliverable spreadsheets
- Coordinate meeting follow-ups and deliverables
- Schedule and coordinate staff and agendas for in-person and virtual partner meetings
- Lead in-person conference meeting schedules and travel coordination
- Conduct content creation, proofreading, and editorial support efforts for sponsorship content and grant writing opportunities
- Coordinate the National Run/Walk Series local sponsorship application and subsequent processing:
- Collaborate with Chapter Staff on proposals and sponsor needs
- Produce and distribute the weekly Partnership Pulse newsletter
- Execute on partner stewardship and recruitment activities
- Provide general administrative support to the Partnership Team
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Nonprofit or grant writing experience a plus
- Ability to be humble, hungry, and smart in a diverse and busy workplace
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate clearly across teams and with external partners
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge
This role will work closely with the Partnership Manager and the Chief Development Officer, and have a primary focus on the facilitation and coordination partnerships, sponsorships and grant funding across all of ZERO’s programs, events and activities. These activities are critical to supporting ZERO’s mission, and this first-time role at ZERO is expected to make an immediate impact.
ZERO is a culture of people and not a place — wherever we are, our mission is to help men and families. Our flexible and personal culture ranks us in the Top 10 “Best Nonprofits to Work for” six years in a row as rated by the NonProfit Times. Candidates must be based in the greater Washington, D.C. area. The Partnerships Assistant will report directly to the Partnership Manager and will work very closely with the Chief Development Officer.
Ideal candidates will also have demonstrated experience in a cause-orientated workplace (nonprofit, NGO, etc.) or campaign. Interested applicants should email resume, cover letter, references, available start date, and salary requirements to HR@zerocancer.org, while listing “Development Assistant, Sponsorships and Partnerships ” in the subject line. This is a full-time salaried position with a competitive array of benefits.
While this position can be done remotely, the ideal candidate resides in the greater D.C. area.