ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a non-profit organization based in the Washington DC area dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO’s Development Team is seeking interns who have an interest in learning about and gaining experience in corporate partnerships and sponsorships. This position requires attention to detail, strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced work flow. We look for teammates that are humble, hungry, people smart, and ready to challenge themselves. You will have the opportunity to learn about corporate partnerships, sponsorships and grants from initial proposal to project completion and assist with each step to gain an understanding of the process.
Hours are flexible and we can work to build an internship that meets your needs and goals.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE
There is nothing more important than you and your family’s safety and well-being. Like many institutions and organizations across the country, ZERO implemented a work from home policy beginning on March 12, 2020, and continuing until further notice.
Your educational experience is still very important to us and we will work with you to make sure you are achieving your internship goals while teleworking.
Key projects and learning opportunities:
- Assist with project management and tracking of sponsor deliverables
- Writing and distributing bi-weekly Partnership Pulse newsletter
- Corporate grant writing
- Partner meeting participation
- Event sponsorship and deliverable tracking for ZERO Summit, other ZERO Summit assistance as needed
- Administrative and research projects as needed
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Fundraising or grant-writing experience or knowledge a plus
Awarded five consecutive years as Best Nonprofits to Work For, ZERO is dedicated to providing a culture that fosters professional growth and camaraderie. We are a 501(c)(3) charity recognized with four stars by Charity Navigator and 86 cents of every dollar goes to programs and initiatives.
To apply for this internship please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Corporate Partnerships Internship.”.