At ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, we’re committed to providing an inclusive, diverse, and inspirational workplace so that we can carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. Currently we’re seeking a dynamic Coordinator, Media and Public Relations to join our Marketing and Communications team. This position will build relationships with the media and influencers, execute media and public relations campaigns, and will support web and digital media – all to elevate ZERO’s brand and impact to end prostate cancer. This position plays a key role in elevating and expanding the voice of prostate cancer patients and their families, ZERO Champions, and ZERO leadership.
Making a difference to help men and their families is very rewarding work, but it’s challenging and demanding as well. ZERO’s employees are collaborative, flexible, and ready to tackle any challenge. We are driven by mission, metrics, and making an impact. Hardworking, talented, and bright are just a few of the qualities that make our high-performing team stellar.
- Implement proactive strategic media plans to secure placements that elevate the prostate cancer patient voice and ZERO brand nationally
- Build relationships with national and regional journalists in print, broadcast, and digital media to establish ZERO as a trusted resource and thought leader
- Work with Senior Management and other key stakeholders to position and promote ZERO’s leadership, services, and Champions through media, speaking opportunities, articles, opinion pieces, and other tactics
- Develop press releases, bios, talking points, briefings, capability statements, press kits, presentations, and other collateral
- Identify and secure media sponsorship opportunities
- Direct media interactions and proactively pitch prostate cancer-related stories
- Monitor, analyze, and report news coverage results and metrics
- Cultivate and manage social media interactions and communications with journalists, producers, and media companies
- Identify and engage with celebrities and influencers on social media in an effort to cultivate relationships with ZERO
- Create monthly e-newsletter and coordinate with other teams for content
- Serve as Web Editor to produce and publish new content for ZERO’s website, ZEROcancer.org
- Manage content creation from other departments for ZEROcancer.org
- Manage ZERO’s Facebook group for Champions, which comprises patients, survivors, fundraisers, and other important members of ZERO’s communities
- Execute partnership deliverables that are media-related
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in communication, public relations, journalism or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years managing press and public relations at a national nonprofit
- Experience cultivating media utilizing social media
- Superior writing, editing, and oral communications skills, with a demonstrated capacity for creative storytelling
- Track record of implementing and coordinating a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities
- Collaborative approach with in-office and remote colleagues
- Experience coordinating a national run/walk or established event series communications program
- Experience using Blackbaud products including Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online is a plus
- Experience with PowerPoint, Sprout Social, Cision PR Newswire, and WordPress also a plus
- Must be familiar with AP Style
- Ability to travel as a ZERO ambassador
This position can be based anywhere in the continental U.S. Although ZERO staff are not traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will eventually require nationwide travel approximately 15% of the time. ZERO employees enjoy a generous benefits package including competitive salaries, comprehensive health care, matching retirement funds, flexible spending accounts, and a casual work environment.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, and all those affected by prostate cancer to apply. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This is a full-time salaried position with a competitive array of benefits. Interested individuals should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to HR@zerocancer.org with “Coordinator, Media & PR” in the subject line. In sending your materials, please also include the job site that referred you to this position in your cover letter.