Full-Time ∙ Exempt-Salaried ∙ Remote
Looking for a rewarding career to make meaningful change? For more than 25 years, ZERO has been a powerful force fighting for a cure and providing critical support to patients and families. As the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer, ZERO advances research, improves the lives of all who are impacted by the disease, and inspires action. Recognized for the past eight years as Best Nonprofits to Work For by the NonProfit Times, it is clear we make supporting our team a top priority. Our commitment to providing an award-winning culture that fosters growth, camaraderie, and diversity is unwavering. ZERO’s high responsibility and high freedom philosophy helps team members excel professionally and thrive personally while making a life-saving difference for those impacted by this devastating disease. Working at ZERO means more than a job, it means being part of an incredible community of people that inspires each other every day.
The Coordinator, Human Resources will provide support to the Director, Human Resources in all functional areas. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter that is eager to learn and take on new tasks as a leader. The Coordinator, Human Resources will ensure that benefit plans and labor laws are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role will also provide administrative support as needed including record-keeping, file maintenance, labor law updates, internship program development and recruiting.
ZERO strives to empower our team through three key values which are being humble, hungry, and smart. Our team members demonstrate they are humble by working together and defining success collectively. They are hungry to advance our mission while going above and beyond. In addition, they are emotionally smart by understanding how their actions impact others.
- Champion and foster a culture that supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as well as ZERO’s core values.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Perform customer service functions such as answering employee requests and questions.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process. Track status of candidates and respond with follow-up letters to close the recruiting process.
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested by the Director, Human Resources.
- Assist and play an integral role in internship program development and implementation including the recruitment process.
- Complete onboarding actions for interns, temps, and new hires as needed.
- Assist with review of documentation and scans; perform other clerical functions including preparing correspondence as needed.
- Assist with employee engagement and wellness initiatives.
- Manage multiple email inbox accounts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to multitask and assist with a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work collaboratively with a team.
- Working understanding of Human Resource principles, practices, procedures, and federal/state laws.
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Slack, and Microsoft Suite.
- Exemplifies ZERO’s culture of hungry, humble, and smart.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across teams/departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Management, Psychology, or related field of study or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in Human Resources.
- 1 year of experience in Recruiting.
- Experience with HRIS including Ultipro, ADP, Gusto, Workday, Paycor, or similar platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of a Human Resources internship.
- Prior nonprofit experience.
- 2 years of work experience in Human Resources.
- Constant use of a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as computer printer, calculator, and copier.
- Prolonged periods of a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- The ability to recognize details at close range for extended periods of time.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
One of many reasons to join the ZERO team is because we offer great benefits!
- Unlimited PTO
- 403(b) retirement plan matching
- Employer paid benefits include: Medical, Dental, Short-Term Disability, & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Vision insurance
This role will report directly to the Director, Human Resources and will work closely with the Operations team to support ZERO’s mission to end prostate cancer.
This position is based remotely and candidates may live in any area within the United States. While travel is currently limited due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this position may eventually require nationwide travel up to approximately 10% of the time.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those affected by prostate cancer to apply. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to LaTondria Carter, Director, Human Resources at 202-935-5938 or email@example.com.
For further consideration, email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coordinator, Human Resources” as the subject line. To learn more about ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, visit zerocancer.org.