Full-Time ∙ Exempt-Salaried ∙ Remote
Looking for a rewarding career to make meaningful change? For more than 25 years, ZERO has been a powerful force fighting for a cure to prostate cancer and providing critical support to patients and families. As the leading national nonprofit with the mission to end prostate cancer, ZERO advances research, improves the lives of all who are impacted by the disease, and inspires action. Recognized for the past eight years as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The NonProfit Times, it is clear we make supporting our team a top priority. Our commitment to providing an award-winning culture that fosters growth, camaraderie, and diversity is unwavering. ZERO’s high responsibility and high freedom philosophy helps team members excel professionally and thrive personally while making a life-saving difference for those impacted by this devastating disease. Working at ZERO means more than a job, it means being part of an incredible community of people that inspires each other every day.
ZERO is seeking a detail oriented, customer service driven fundraising & events professional with a strong sense of initiative and excellent organization skills to support ZERO’s Eastern Regional Chapter team on all chapter initiatives including fundraising, events, and marketing, as well as program and volunteer engagement. This is a remote-based position with heavy administrative and operational functions. The ideal candidate will be able to self motivate, take initiative, and jump right into the role to support the entire team. They will also be able to keep the team on track and organized with various priorities. Additionally, the ideal candidate will pick up on common challenges among the team or cross departmental opportunities and work with the Regional Director to find solutions. This individual should be comfortable working autonomously and must excel at managing multiple tasks and executing them quickly, efficiently, and meticulously. Communication is another key component of this position.
ZERO strives to empower our team through three key values: humble, hungry, and smart. Our team members demonstrate they are humble by working together and defining success collectively. They are hungry to advance our mission while going above and beyond. In addition, they are emotionally smart by understanding how their actions impact others.
- Assist with fundraising, outreach calls, and emails to ZERO constituents.
- Generate, organize, and analyze Run/Walk and Grow and Give reports for Eastern Chapters using Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online software programs.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties as needed to support the management of the Eastern Chapters.
- Partner with Human Resources to identify and onboard interns to support the Eastern Chapters.
- Manage the development of prospect lists for various fundraising events and campaigns in partnership with interns.
- Manage and communicate priorities to ensure tasks are organized and on track for the Eastern Chapters.
- Support growth of the designated territory in addition to national chapters.
- Ability to manage numerous concurrent and developing projects.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work collaboratively with a team.
- Excellent and well-demonstrated project management skills.
- Exemplifies ZERO’s culture of humble, hungry, and smart.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum 1-2 years nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to use multiple cloud-based systems (Google Workspace, Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, Slack, etc.).
- Training or experience in peer-to-peer fundraising is preferred.
- Constant use of a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as computer printer, calculator, and copier.
- Prolonged periods of a stationary position at least 50% of the time.
- The ability to recognize details at close range for extended periods of time.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently move boxes and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds at events such as Run/Walks.
- Frequent movement across multiple different terrains/surfaces while outdoors at Run/Walks.
One of many reasons to join the ZERO team is because we offer great benefits!
- Unlimited PTO
- 403(b) retirement plan matching
- Employer paid benefits include: Medical, Dental, Short-Term Disability, & Long-Term Disability insurance
- Vision insurance
This role will report directly to the Regional Director, Eastern Chapters and will work closely with the Events and Development departments to support ZERO’s mission to end prostate cancer.
This position is based remotely and candidates may live anywhere in the United States. However, preference will be given to those who live within the Eastern Region territory which includes the DC metro area, Philadelphia, Hampton Roads area, New Jersey, and New York. While travel is currently limited due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this position will eventually require nationwide travel approximately 10% of the time (approximately 2-3 trips per quarter).
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. We encourage BIPOC, Veterans, individuals with Disabilities and those affected by prostate cancer to apply. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to LaTondria Carter, Director, Human Resources at 202-935-5938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further consideration, email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to email@example.com with “Coordinator, Eastern Chapters” as the subject line. To learn more about ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer, visit zerocancer.org.