Do you want to help improve the lives of prostate cancer patients and their families? Are you passionate about providing opportunities for patients to learn, support one another, and gain access to much-needed resources? Are you a proven multi-tasker with a knack for staying organized? If you’re looking for a role where you can utilize your skills to make a meaningful and direct impact on the lives of prostate cancer patients and their families, then consider applying to the role of Assistant, Patient Programs & Education at ZERO!
ZERO is seeking a professional, detail-oriented, highly organized, adaptable, proactive, friendly, and intuitive individual to serve as the Assistant, Patient Programs & Education. Responsibilities include assisting with day-to-day programs and patient support activities, coordinating education-related programming, assisting with community engagement efforts, and more, including but not limited to:
- Maintain the education and program pages of ZERO’s website, including updating screening locations, adding materials and resources, hyperlinking, etc.
- Serve as an administrator and content coordinator for ZERO’s online Facebook support group, ZEROConnect, to ensure members adhere to group guidelines and relevant ZERO content is shared.
- Coordinate logistics of education events (webinars, Facebook Live broadcasts, etc.), including scheduling, speaker booking, presentation setup, and technology coordination.
- Produce and share patient program impact reports monthly, quarterly, and as needed by staff and sponsors.
- Provide stellar customer service by phone or email.
- Assist Programs Team in focus group or round table efforts by taking detailed notes, coordinating technology, and supporting participants as needed.
- Schedule meetings for ZERO’s Medical Advisory Board, Patient & Caregiver Advisory Board, Racial Disparities Task Force, and other groups as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the ZERO Summit and other educational events.
- Provide general administrative support to the Patient Programs and Education Team.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to support the Programs Team with data entry and other tasks.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in health education or related field
- Ability to be humble, hungry, and smart in a diverse and busy workplace
- Strong professional communication skills
- Ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate clearly across teams
- Organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Time management to ensure programs run smoothly and deadlines are met
- Familiarity with tools such as ZOOM, Google Drive, Slack, WordPress, Raiser’s Edge, and Facebook a plus
- Spanish language fluency is a bonus
This role will work closely with the Manager, Patient Programs & Education and the Vice President, Patient Programs & Education, and have a primary focus on the administrative responsibilities and coordination of ZERO’s patient support programs and educational offerings. These activities are critical to supporting ZERO’s mission and this first-time role at ZERO is expected to make an immediate impact.
Ideal candidates will also have demonstrated experience in a cause-orientated workplace (nonprofit, NGO, etc.) or health-related campaign. Interested applicants should email resume, cover letter, references, available start date, and salary requirements to HR@zerocancer.org, while listing “Assistant, Patient Programs & Education ” in the subject line. This is a full-time salaried position with a competitive array of benefits.
While this position can be done remotely, the ideal candidate resides in the greater D.C. area.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is the nation’s leading prostate cancer nonprofit and one of NonProfit Times’ Best Charities to Work For. ZERO’s mission is to end prostate cancer by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to men and their families through our patient-centric programs. ZERO is an accredited Better Business Bureau member and 85 cents of every dollar donated goes to programs and initiatives. By joining our team, YOU can help make an awesome difference for patients in need!